2 Hawks New Hawk

I was on eBay late one night when I found a 2 Hawks "Longhunter" with no bids. It looked decent but who the heck knows. So I bid $89.00 ($10.95 shipping) and ended up winning it. In the interim I had done some research that said the original 2 Hawks had died several years back so I was a bit suspect as to the quality.

Here is the quoted eBay listing...

TWO HAWKS “Longhunter” TOMAHAWK:

Completely Hand made in Missouri by Two Hawks, head comes with a 25 year limited warranty against defects on head and is serial numbered - includes it’s own hand made sheath.

The Longhunter model is a medium-weight hammer polled heavy duty belt or pack (19" overall) axe and hammer head Tomahawk but still light enough to pack but has enough weight for harder chores then the Woodsman model, about 1 lb/2 oz.

STRONG EDGE TIPS AND 6150 VANDOM-SPRING STEEL MAKE THIS THE CHOICE FOR durability!

This hawk is oil hardened and tempered to a rock-well of 57 making it a very durable hawk that holds an excellent edge. heads are made from designs and patents developed by the manufacturer and is finished with gun barrel bluing. Handles are flame grained, fancy keel-type and buffed to prevent slivers and blisters.

Won on 6/9/10 and arrived 6/14/10. Not bad. Came with a sheath (I like that). It is well balanced and I like the look of it. The edge is decent. The eye/haft fit is very good. The head is stamped "LH303" ("Longhunter" with a serial number perhaps?) and "PCLARIS 6150" (certainly the steel used but I've no idea what the "PCLARIS" stands for). Feels as though it's about the same weight and as a CS Trail Hawk. The only criticism I have is that the haft is a tad thin for my large hands but that's nothing a 550 cord wrap won't solve.

I've also provided some side-by-side images of the Long Hunter next to a Trail Hawk for comparative evaluation.

This hawk was sold by Link Removed

Overall opinion? Q LIKES IT. Q CHOP LONG TIME.

All righty then...time for the Tomahawk Song. All together now fellas! To this tune!

Chop chop chop chop! Chop chop chop chop! Chop chop chop chop! Chop chop chop chop!

And now without further adieu, THE HAWK PRON!

2hawks01.jpg

2hawks02.jpg

2hawks03.jpg

2hawks04.jpg

2hawks05.jpg

2hawks06.jpg

2hawks07.jpg

2hawks08.jpg

2hawks09.jpg

2hawks10.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that is a steal at that price Q, you should send it to me out of guilt:D

nice review as always too

Man, I was snooping around on the bey last night as well but missed that one. Great pick up CitizenQ! I've been thinking of ordering just that model too. Enjoy!

Nice hawk. I have the Voyager and the Longhunter. Bought them at a gunshow from the maker and they were more than that. The handles on mine seem a little thin for the head of the hawks and need to make them a little thicker. The handle will slide into the head after awhile. I like a little more wood on top. I have to make a sheath for the longhunter. The sheaths are sold as an extra purchase for some reason. I need to put them through the paces. Nice find. Let us know how they work for you.

It is well balanced and I like the look of it. The edge is decent. The eye/haft fit is very good. The head is stamped "LH303" ("Longhunter" with a serial number perhaps?) and "PCLARIS 6150" (certainly the steel used but I've no idea what the "PCLARIS" stands for). Feels as though it's about the same weight and as a CS Trail Hawk. The only criticism I have is that the haft is a tad thin for my large hands but that's nothing a 550 cord wrap won't solve.

You're right, the LH303 is the model and a serial number.
The PCLARIS 6150 is a stamp from the casting company and the type steel (yes, he uses cast heads, but from what little info i was able to gather, they are very good, and he chose them based on consistency of weight distribution for throwers.).

I've been wanting to try out a different model of his, but he never answered several emails requesting more info.

Since you have a trail hawk and the Long hunter, maybe you can answer. doe the handle it comes with taper a lot from top to bottom? How close is the handle's long and short axes to the Trail Hawks? I'm wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble to trim down a Cold Steel handle to fit, and provide a non-midget handle than 19".

...Since you have a trail hawk and the Long hunter, maybe you can answer. doe the handle it comes with taper a lot from top to bottom? How close is the handle's long and short axes to the Trail Hawks? I'm wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble to trim down a Cold Steel handle to fit, and provide a non-midget handle than 19".

I don't have a trail hawk with me right now bro, but I can tell you that my Longhunter haft is exactly 19-inches long. In addition, I'd bet a dollar to doughnuts that you could fit a Cold Steel haft to my Longhunter because it looks like the diaameter of the LH haft is much smaller then a Trail Hawk haft. I'll try to take some haft diameter measurements tomorrow for ya. :thumbup:

OK, thanks.

I know my Ft Turner hawk's haft had a thin diameter where you grip it, but tapers up pretty big where the eye seats, so i really didn't have to take much off on the haft until I got up and had to fit the CS haft to the teardrop shape. I was hoping these were the same.

Of maybe I'll just get the one I want and email Mrs Vec 3 times a day until Vec agrees to VecHawk the thing. ;)

You're right, the LH303 is the model and a serial number.
The PCLARIS 6150 is a stamp from the casting company and the type steel (yes, he uses cast heads, but from what little info i was able to gather, they are very good, and he chose them based on consistency of weight distribution for throwers.).

I've been wanting to try out a different model of his, but he never answered several emails requesting more info.

Since you have a trail hawk and the Long hunter, maybe you can answer. doe the handle it comes with taper a lot from top to bottom? How close is the handle's long and short axes to the Trail Hawks? I'm wondering if it wouldn't be too much trouble to trim down a Cold Steel handle to fit, and provide a non-midget handle than 19".

On mine, the markings are PCLARIS the other POLARIS. I think it should be POLARIS what ever that means.

...I'd bet a dollar to doughnuts that you could fit a Cold Steel haft to my Longhunter because it looks like the diaameter of the LH haft is much smaller then a Trail Hawk haft. I'll try to take some haft diameter measurements tomorrow for ya. :thumbup:

My new CS Spike Hawks have arrived. Here are the DIMS of the Longhunter vs. CS Sipke Hawk Haft.

Note that both hafts are teardrop shaped.
  • CS Spike Hawk (Haft Head End): 42cm x 32cm
  • 2Hawks Longhunter (Haft Head End): 35cm x 24cm
  • CS Spike Hawk (Haft Butt End): 33cm x 23cm
  • 2Hawks Longhunter (Haft Butt End): 27cm x 20cm
As a result, the answer is YES you could use a Cold Steel haft for your long hunter...but be prepared to sand for a few days...in fact...better start with the belt sander! :eek:

Back