• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2 More Coombs Bushies

I finally got the sheaths done for the other two of these 1095 Bushcrafters I have been doing. If your looking at these for the first time, there are a couple features about these knives that aren't listed in the specs and are not immediately noticable. First, the back of the blade forward of the thumb notches is left with "crisp" edges to permit the use of the included Ferro Rod. Second, the finish on the grinds are left rough to permit striking a match from in the field. Third, the edge has been ground to almost a scandi grind, allowing for great blade strength, but still having a razor sharp edge for delicate work. The handle material on these are not high polished, but rather left at a 400 grit, then scotchbrite finish so the grip will not be too slipery when held with wet hands. The newest thing for me is the sheath treatment. I'm now using a hot wax treatment for undyed leathers that will withstand the outdoors better. The sheath is heated, then hot pure bees wax mixed with oils are painted onto the sheath inside and out, and then the sheath is put back into the oven to soak up the mixture. This allows the wax and oil to penatrate into the fibers of the leather. This is my second posting of knives with this treatment, and I am very excited about it. I think it really makes the leather look nice too.
Thanks for looking and as always, comments are more than welcome.

Specs:

Ground from Aldo's 3/16" 1095 Bar Stock
Blade Length: 4-1/2" Tip to Scales
Flat Sabre grind with almost no secondary bevel. (Almost Scandi)
OAL: 9-3/8"
Stainless Pins
9oz. Leather Pouch Sheath with Firesteel Loop
Sheath treated with Hot Wax and Oil Mixture
Ferro Rod with Matching Handle Included
550 Cord Lanyards Included
"Grenade" Cord Keeper Included

Asking: $250.00 Plus $15.00 shipping with Insurance to L48 Destinations

There are (2) of these available at the moment. They are identical accept for the handle material.

Knife 1: OD Green Linen Micarta (SOLD)

Knife 2: Black Linen Micarta (available)

The first post of "I'll take it" gets it. (please state which knife you'd like in the post)

I accept Postal Money Orders and Paypal
Please send Paypal and Questions to: theknifemaker@hotmail.com
Shipping will be by USPS Priority Mail with Insurance and Delivery Conf.

Thanks!

009-11.jpg

006-22.jpg

008-13.jpg

010-11.jpg

004-25.jpg

001-24.jpg

002-27.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking rigs you got there,I am low on funds or I would be in.

Lamont I will take knife 1 with the OD green please!! been drooling over your work at the marlboro shows forever! can't pass up this knife.

Will send paypal

Jeff

Lamont, thought I would post a follow up...received the knife on monday....looks and feels great in hand. Razor sharp! I would feel confident having it as my sole knife in the woods which I wouldn't say about a mora style knife. As nice as a mora is I would like it backed up with a hatchet.

This knife AND a hatchet?? ...you'd be more than all set in the woods for sure!

regards Jeff

Last edited:
Back