• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

2" x 72" Belt Grinder kit $369.99

Super looking grinder.:thumbup:

I'll ship outside the US, shipping would just be a little more expensive. But no problem at all.

Holy crap.........where were you when i bought my Grizzley? I gotta get some coin up and order one of these!

looking at your ebay store and saw your tooling arm. are these tapped on top for mounting the work rest?

thanks

jake

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work, the tooling arms are tapped on top and side

I've had alot of responce for the grinder. I've been throwing awound the idea of offering a 30 day layaway with 1/3 down thru paypal. The rest due within 30 days. The only stipulation is I don't think I could give the 5% discount. This would allow you to layaway any tool or wheels I offer. If anyone would be interested email me wilhurley@rocketmail.com

Wil, Just sent you an email, thanks.

I'm just over in Cincinnati... I may have to order one of these from you if I can figure out what motor to buy.. I'm just a beginner, but seems like a good option compared to the 2x42 Craftsman

Nice looking grinder. Just one question. I see that the motor is direct drive. Is there a way to set it up with step pulleys for a little speed control?

Nice looking grinder. Just one question. I see that the motor is direct drive. Is there a way to set it up with step pulleys for a little speed control?

You have to mount flange bearings where the motor mounts, put a shaft there with drive pulley on one side and 3 step pulley on other side then mount the motor underneath with another 3 step pulley.

Edit: at least it looks like that should work but it's hard to tell from the pics if there's enough room for the flange bearings or if it can be compensated for.

Last edited:
It is setup, and comes with a Flange bearing spacer if you don't want to use a C-face motor. The Bearing spacer bolts to where the c-face would bolt (backside), and the square is cut out to fit standard size flange bearings on each side of the bearing spacer. Which makes the drive shaft from the bearings line up exactly where the drive shaft would have came out if using a c face. So short answer yes you can use a 3 step pulley system. I'll try and take more pics. But it works pretty good. I'm going to upload some better videos.
Thanks
Wil

Just ordered a full kit from Wil, as well as a 2hp 3ph motor and VFD from Granger. Looks fantastic so far. I'll post my impressions after getting it all set up.
Thanks Wil

Question: Will the KMG small wheel attachment work with this grinder?

Last edited:
i wonder if you could use that grinder up against a kmg and have your very own hallow grinder set up--marekz

Anyone receive one and try it out yet? I'm hoping it's a real good performer. The price can't be beat.

Mine should be waiting for me today when I get home.

It will be a bit before I get it up and running and Wil is planning to ship the contact wheels next week when he gets them from his supplier.

I can say to this point he has been excellent to work with and I'm looking forward to getting mine going.

cpirtle,

ya know we are expecting pics!

anxious to see how it goes for you!

i'm really considering one of these

good luck

jake

Has anyone heard from Wil? I've tried emailing and PM'ing him for the last few days. I would really like to order one of these soon. Has anyone received one yet?

Back