2010 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiah,

Can you build something like this to spec? I like the idea, but mine would be slightly different. Let me know.

Thanks
Dougo

Attachments

• rig.jpg
    rig.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 117
Just a note. I just ordered a buttload of 4" ball chains, so one will be included with the single eyelet holders, so you can attach it to your keyring, belt loop, pack, whatever.

Probably, but it's not something I wanna take on right now and I'm not really equipped with the parts or equipment (sewing machine). Robert's your man for that setup, but I'm not sure if he's even making sheaths anymore or at least taking new orders :confused:.

You might try Sastre. I think I've seen him do 'em, but don't quote me on it.

So...the hunt continues...I thought it was a pretty sweet rig and would be very handy.

Thanks!

I know...I asked you who built it and got no reply so I went on a quest to find one.:D

I'm betting Robert made it. You can try his forum but I don't know when he's coming back. Or try calling (503) 623-9538, but I don't know if that's current as he moved recently.

Magnussen had Eric at OST make him a small shoulder rig for some stuff, but it was just paracord and not nice fabric.

Last edited:
Does the retention system you got going also keep the button from depressing? I would think that with the button exposed it might let the butane out over time.

Does the retention system you got going also keep the button from depressing? I would think that with the button exposed it might let the butane out over time.

Not really a "retention system" so much as "stop grinding >here<" ;). No, the button can still be depressed, which was kinda the idea. If the button couldn't be depressed, then the button couldn't be depressed. :p

Yeah but it would be nice to be able to pull it out and use it without having to fiddle with a zip tie.

Off the top of my head, I could do an alternative style, that left the bottom open and brought the kydex up far enough to keep the button from being able to be depressed. This would mean you'd have to pop the lighter out to use it, but the open bottom would make it easy. Getting the sheath version dealt with Tonight, so I'll make one of those too and see if it's worth bothering with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back