2012 Buck 124?

I've been getting them for $95 each.

Call your new friend back and have him credit your credit card.

I've been getting them for $95 each.

Call your new friend back and have him credit your credit card.

Yes BG42EDGE is correct, I bought 2 for like 198 and some change (That includes shipping), so unless Buck made a change the price should be $95.00 plus shipping.

Last edited:
Mine just showed up...

1zoxfz6.jpg

When your order is over $50 they should not charge you shipping.

All I've paid for mine is $95.

I have two. I'd get more, but I'd feel greedy.

It's a superior quality knife and I hope I hope I hope I can buy one with another handle type next year.......Ivory Micarta would be a dream come true.

When your order is over $50 they should not charge you shipping.

All I've paid for mine is $95.

I have two. I'd get more, but I'd feel greedy.

It's a superior quality knife and I hope I hope I hope I can buy one with another handle type next year.......Ivory Micarta would be a dream come true.

I was charged $198.50 for two, so I was thinking the $8.50 was shipping, so I guess the Buck sales reps are not on the same sheet of music with the charges.

From the stories recounted on this forum........each makes his or her own kind of music.

But......that's typical Buck.

Strange things are always happening.......and when it's knives it sometimes means interesting variations that come from chaos.

:)

BTW.......I see that four or five of the new 124s just sold on the Interwebs for about $130 plus $10 shipping.......they sold fast.

But one for only $10 more has been sitting for several days.

Guess that's the developing price line.

:)

I don't care, I'm keeping mine.

It's a beautiful knife but I sold mine because the handle is too thick for my small/medium hand. It's also a blocky handle.

BG42EDGE,

Well if people shop around, I know a online store that has them for $111.95 which is not bad at all.

Well I just checked and that online store is sold out so the 124LE is still going strong.

Frankly, I'm surprised to see them going so cheap.

I'm surprised to see them in production at all.

:D

Frankly, I'm surprised to see them going so cheap.

I'm surprised to see them in production at all.

:D

Actually I am not surprised they are in production in fact I think Buck should be producing a 120 General, yes I know they have the B&C General but the deal is two major things have changed in the past few years, knife nuts are growing because of websites like this one, I am a knife nut and have been since I was about 6 years old but the internet is reaching new markets, and more products being sold, making old things new again. As far as the going price for 124s, I think around $110.00 is spot on, I know the Bucks are made by great craftsmen but most people today again because of this site and others, are steel snobs to be honest and most want the new super duper steel. For me I don't care, I like Bucks and I really like the 124LE so I will buy them and alot of people will buy them, again the internet is making a difference in todays market.

Well, big knives always have a limited market. Enthusiastic buyers? Yes.

Numerous? Well, I don't see it.

I see a lot of interest in the small tactical knives, but I don't think it's the same with big knives.

The new 124 is unlikely to see a thousand sold and the demand won't be there next year unless they give us an interesting variation like an Ivory Micarta handle.

A total of under 1000 sales in a worldwide market is puny.

The 120 has the same problem.......it's just too big.

It's also true that 120 blood grooves since 2005 generally look like a meth addict scooped them out with a Dremel, but I don't think that's the major problem (even though it keeps me away).

Well, big knives always have a limited market. Enthusiastic? Yes.

Numerous? Well, I don't see it.

I see a lot of interest in the small tactical knives, but I don't think it's the same with big knives.

The new 124 is unlikely to see a thousand sold and the demand won't be there next year unless they give us an interesting variation like an Ivory Micarta handle.

A total of 1000 sales in a worldwide market is puny.

The 120 has the same problem.......it's just too big.

It's also true that 120 blood grooves since 2005 generally look like a meth addict scooped them out with a Dremel, but I don't think that's the major problem (even though it keeps me away).

BG42EDGE,

Big knives, I have some Busse knives that are many times larger than the 124, to me the 124 is a medium size knife, alot of people like big knives today. Busse sells them like there is no tomorrow! I am not comparing Buck to Busse just talking about the knife size thing. So I think the generation buying alot of knives today may just go for the 120 and the 124, the 124 is selling out everywhere so well it must be selling!

I have stated this on other threads, I think the best long term answer, is to have the 124 on the Buck Customs webpage so you can make some handle changes and sheath changes. I would love to have a white micarta handle with a nice brown or burgandy sheath for a 124. I would also like a choice of Red Micarta or Burgandy, all is within the means of Buck to be able to do, the steel could stay the same no biggy to me, but again would I pass up a 440C new version of a 124, nope!

Just to let you know with some of my knives I am a retro type of guy, I like the old but don't want old I want new but like old, that is one of the reasons I wanted and bought the 124LE, I could have bought old 124s on ebay but won't today or never because I like new stuff that well again is retro.

Actually I am not surprised they are in production in fact I think Buck should be producing a 120 General, yes I know they have the B&C General but the deal is two major things have changed in the past few years, knife nuts are growing because of websites like this one, I am a knife nut and have been since I was about 6 years old but the internet is reaching new markets, and more products being sold, making old things new again. As far as the going price for 124s, I think around $110.00 is spot on, I know the Bucks are made by great craftsmen but most people today again because of this site and others, are steel snobs to be honest and most want the new super duper steel. For me I don't care, I like Bucks and I really like the 124LE so I will buy them and alot of people will buy them, again the internet is making a difference in todays market.

As you point out Buck is making the 120 this year in the form of the B&C SO version. In addition, they have been making the 120 for Cabelas for years now as a SO and they are not priced to high.

I hope they put out a very limited issue of the the 124 full tang version for the next few years! As for the 124 price tag, they are under selling the older models by about $80. So I'd say the new 124's are a real value.
jb4570

Ok!124 experts got a few more questions please!

1. Was the original 124 a little thicker than the 2012 124 ?

2. What was the weight of the original was it the same as the 2012 124LE?

3. Was 440C better than the current 420HC?

4. Why did Buck stop using 440C?

Back