2012 Traditional Forum Knife Ordering Thread

Knives are HERE. Please see new thread for laser engraving information.
Am I missing the new thread about laser engraving? I was going to look it over to help push me over the fence I am sitting on about buying one of these too, but can't seem to find anything other than Sparks reference to a new post. Can someone point me to the post about engraving these please?

Here 'ya go.

Link

Don't miss out on this one. Its looks to be the best of the Annual Traditional Forum knives yet.

Just ordered, hopefully I didn't miss the boat. Thanks for making this happen, Spark.:thumbup:

Paypal transaction 4YP75384MS178281M.

Cheers,
Lindsay.

We have 10 left at this time. GEC has mentioned we may have an additional 12 on the way with some seconds too

I would be interested in a second if they become available. (in addition to the one I already ordered)

We have 10 left at this time. GEC has mentioned we may have an additional 12 on the way with some seconds too

Seconds? As in: lower price for a 'perfect' user? I'd be all over that...

I have a knife on order, and would also like a "second" for a good user if they are avaiable!!!
Thanks Spark,
wcmd.

Kevin,

Speaking as someone who got a "bad" forum knife in the past, I would like to see a few of the extra knives held in reserve by GEC until it can be reasonably assumed everyone got a keeper, or none get lost in transit.

My 2009 knife had serious issues that, due to the unique features, Queen wouldn't/couldn't/didn't repair, and since there was not a single "extra" knife I was stuck with it as is.
If there is no backup supply as in the 2009 Queen where not a single extra knife or "second" was made (well they did make at least one second, and I got it:grumpy:), someone might get pretty let down.

Did Kevin have anything at all to do with a 2009 forum traditional?

Did the forum knife in 2012 get made by Queen?

No and no, but I think it would be a good idea to keep half a dozen or so in reserve. I've seen how picky some of the folks around here are.

Here's the thing. I am not going to play "this has a microscopic flaw" with people. If there is a major defect that went through qc that's one thing. A .5mm scratch on a bolster is another matter.

Not to jump in where I'm not needed, but as someone who worked on the forum knife in 2011, I think it was a good thing that GEC held back a few extras until everyone had received their knives. I know some folks sent them back for replacements. That being said, GEC is not Queen and I have no doubt that they will honor any QC issues with their knives. They did a great job last year of accommodating everyone's issues. Also, I would imagine that Kevin will not have anything to do with QC or repairs/replacements. Last year, everyone was told that any problems should be taken up with GEC directly and that is what happened. Anyways...that's my 2 cents

Here's the thing. I am not going to play "this has a microscopic flaw" with people. If there is a major defect that went through qc that's one thing. A .5mm scratch on a bolster is another matter.

You have no idea how happy I am to see this!

Back