2016 Emerson Knife Goals

A Cqc7 v ground
Cqc-10
Regular sized commander

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had put off buying a CQC-10 for years and, earlier this year, picked one up. I love it and wish I'd made it more of a priority in the past.

It's essentially a Journeyman with a Spydie hole. Being ever so slighly smaller, the 10's blade length is 0.1 of an inch shorter, with a slightly shorter handle.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I had put off buying a CQC-10 for years and, earlier this year, picked one up. I love it and wish I'd made it more of a priority in the past.

It's essentially a Journeyman with a Spydie hole. Being ever so slighly smaller, the 10's blade length is 0.1 of an inch shorter, with a slightly shorter handle.

Blade-wise I agree, but the 10 has a much different handle, one that I really like a lot myself. I have long thought other blade shapes on the 10 handle would be a great addition to the lineup.

I completely agree, OM. When I wrote my post, I had been mentally dwelling on the utility aspect of the knives (blades) and how all-around useful they both are.

The handles are, in fact, quite different. I have larger hands and yet, somehow, the 10 handle fits my hand just fine. Sadly, I had to sell my Tiger because the handle was just too small & uncomfortable. But the 10 -- no complaints from me.

But I have seen a couple posts regarding the contour-placement of the 10's handle causing some discomfort with very tight grips & heavy use. Obviously, YMMV but the 10 handle fits my paws just fine.

That would be interesting, though, to have the 10 blade paired with a different handle.

I'm thinking maybe a Roadhouse, Vindicator or a CQC15...
not necessarily in that order

Back