2017 - Tons Of New Items Listed!

UPDATE 1/4/2017 - The new 2017 stuffs are posted on official CS website:
http://www.coldsteel.com/products/2017-products.html?p=1

Merry Christmas everyone!

I was trying to find some more info on the new Goldeneye today and i stumbled across a listing on Knifecenter about this knife. When i do a search on all Cold Steel folders at KC im surprised to see that they already listed a lot of new models, with the price and specifications.

Please see here: https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/...Blade Knives&cat=cs&a=folder&series=954&s=113

Interesting finds: (i only looked at the folder category)

1. There will be a lot of colors in 2017. A lot of models will have multiple color variant. Colors include - Red, Blue, FDE/Tan, OD/Neon Green & Orange. Existing models with color variants include Tuff Lite, Pro Lite, Finn Wolf & Ultimate Hunter

2. New folder models include the following:

Immortal --> 4" blade and 9" overall. Comes in OD Green and FDE. XHP steel. Weights 5.9oz with 3.5 mm thick blade. Is this the gladius from 2016? Listed for $120 so it's quite affordable
Goldeneye --> Already mentioned. Comes in spearpoint or tanto. 3.5" blade, American Lawman sized with S35VN. 4.1 oz, 3.5mm blade thickness, overall 8.375", handle 4.875". Also affordable at $115
Goldeneye Elite --> $200 version of the normal Goldeneye - Same S35VN steel with carbon fiber handle - blade 3.50", overall 8.375", handle 4.875". $85 more for carbon fiber handles?!?!
Night Force --> 4" DSC DAMASCUS Blade, 5" G10/carbon fiber laminate handles, 4.6 oz, blade Thickness 3.5 mm, Overall 9.0" - This one is VERY INTERESTING & is only listed for $239.95
SR1 --> Probably a beast. 4.5mm thick S35VN steel, blade 4.0", overall 9.375", 5.375" G10 handle, 7.3 oz. Listed for $150, which IMO is a steal for the amount of material
Frenzy I/II/III --> Also previously mentioned. Comes in 3 color handle combo. 5.7oz, 5.50" XHP blade with 3.4mm thickness, 6.75" long handle, 12.25" overall. Decent price at $144
Working Man --> Steve Austin's design, similar spec as Pro Lite, 4116 steel, GFN colored handle, basically a rebladed prolite with Spear/Drop point blade
Prolite Sport --> Same dimension as the Prolite, Spear/Drop point with opening hole instead of thumbstud
Grik --> Small knife with GFN handle, 3" blade, 6.857" overall, AUS8A blade
Khan --> 3" blade, 4" G10 handle, AUS8A blade - sounds like a mini broker skull with cheap steel(bummer)
Charm --> Mini knife, 1.25" S35VN blade, 1.635" polished micarta handle, 2.85" overall - too small for a folder IMO
New Recon 1 --> Not sure what the difference is vs the older one. But they were listed as "Coming soon" with a different SKU. Blade thickness is listed as 0.120", a typo?
New Lawman --> Not sure what the difference is vs the older one. But they were listed as "Coming soon" with a different SKU
New AK-47 --> Not sure what the difference is vs the older one. But they were listed as "Coming soon" with a different SKU
New Espada of various sizes --> Not sure what the difference is vs the older one. But they were listed as "Coming soon" with a different SKU
New Rajah & Counter Point --> Improved handle texture
Thompson LE XL Voyager --> Similar to the other limited edition Voyager XL tanto, but this one is Vaquero

Hope this made your day. Looking forward to 2017! :cool:

A few of must buy for me:

23gvg.jpg

63nf.jpg

62qfgs_1.jpg

62qcfs.jpg

20nvlu.jpg

Last edited:
interesting. can't wait to see the pics.....thanks for posting.

Thanks for the heads up, appreciated. :thumbup: This is always an interesting time period for new releases.

Merry Christmas everyone!

I was trying to find some more info on the new Goldeneye today and i stumbled across a listing on Knifecenter about this knife. When i do a search on all Cold Steel folders at KC im surprised to see that they already listed a lot of new models, with the price and specifications.

Please see here: https://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/...Blade Knives&cat=cs&a=folder&series=954&s=113

Interesting finds: (i only looked at the folder category)

1. There will be a lot of colors in 2017. A lot of models will have multiple color variant. Colors include - Red, Blue, FDE/Tan, OD/Neon Green & Orange. Existing models with color variants include Tuff Lite, Pro Lite, Finn Wolf & Ultimate Hunter

2. New folder models include the following:

Immortal --> 4" blade and 9" overall. Comes in OD Green and FDE. XHP steel. Weights 5.9oz with 3.5 mm thick blade. Is this the gladius from 2016? Listed for $120 so it's quite affordable
Goldeneye --> Already mentioned. Comes in spearpoint or tanto. 3.5" blade, American Lawman sized with S35VN. 4.1 oz, 3.5mm blade thickness, overall 8.375", handle 4.875". Also affordable at $115
Goldeneye Elite --> $200 version of the normal Goldeneye - Same S35VN steel with carbon fiber handle - blade 3.50", overall 8.375", handle 4.875". $85 more for carbon fiber handles?!?!
Night Force --> 4" DSC DAMASCUS Blade, 5" G10/carbon fiber laminate handles, 4.6 oz, blade Thickness 3.5 mm, Overall 9.0" - This one is VERY INTERESTING & is only listed for $239.95
SR1 --> Probably a beast. 4.5mm thick S35VN steel, blade 4.0", overall 9.375", 5.375" G10 handle, 7.3 oz. Listed for $150, which IMO is a steal for the amount of material
Frenzy I/II/III --> Also previously mentioned. Comes in 3 color handle combo. 5.7oz, 5.50" XHP blade with 3.4mm thickness, 6.75" long handle, 12.25" overall. Decent price at $144
Grik --> Small knife with GFN handle, 3" blade, 6.857" overall, AUS8A blade
Working Man --> Steve Austin's design, similar spec as Pro Lite, 4116 steel, GFN colored handle
Khan --> 3" blade, 4" G10 handle, AUS8A blade - sounds like a mini broker skull with cheap steel(bummer)
Charm --> Mini knife, 1.25" S35VN blade, 1.635" polished micarta handle, 2.85" overall - too small for a folder IMO
New Recon 1 --> Not sure what the difference is vs the older one. But they were listed as "Coming soon" with a different SKU. Blade thickness is listed as 0.120", a typo?
New Lawman --> Not sure what the difference is vs the older one. But they were listed as "Coming soon" with a different SKU
New AK-47 --> Not sure what the difference is vs the older one. But they were listed as "Coming soon" with a different SKU
New Espada of various sizes --> Not sure what the difference is vs the older one. But they were listed as "Coming soon" with a different SKU
Prolite Sport --> Same dimension as the Prolite, not sure what the difference is
Thompson LE XL Voyager --> Similar to the other limited edition Voyager XL tanto, but this one is Vaquero

Hope this made your day. Looking forward to 2017! :cool:

THanks much! That made my day indeed!
Only bummer is most of the newer models seem on the heavy (4+ oz.) weight range, now that CS finally made thinner and lighter folders it's like a step back to me.

BUt we shall see, not disappointed yet!

One thing that drives me nuts about CS is the late and slow publication of their new catalogs and updates on the website.

Looks like a new color G-10 - flat dark earth - for the Recon, Espada, Lawman, AK, etc.

Really glad to hear about new models coming soon. To be honest tho im disappointed about them using AUS8 again, CTS-BD1 on their mid-range price knives i find is a better balanced steel, definitely a LOT more stain resistant.

Looks good so far.

They did discontinue a lot of stuff, so hopefully there will be be stuff posted by the time of the 2017 SHOT Show in Mid-January.

They should also post pictures of these on their Facebook page by then too.

THanks much! That made my day indeed!
Only bummer is most of the newer models seem on the heavy (4+ oz.) weight range, now that CS finally made thinner and lighter folders it's like a step back to me.

BUt we shall see, not disappointed yet!

Thanks man. Yeah i was really looking forward to smaller, light models around the size of the Lawman/Prolite, however most of the newer higher-end ones are 4" blade. The Goldeneye looks like it has the ideal size for me, but the funky hole and the horrible high-carry pocket clip killed it for me...
Im kinda surprised that they didn't make a smaller version of the Broken Skull, which IMO would make a perfect EDC.

interesting. can't wait to see the pics.....thanks for posting.

Yeah the some of the specs looked pretty good but have to see the real thing first. The Goldeneye for example, the specs looked so good but the design looks meh to me.

I think it's just new color handle, the listing still says it's DLC coated.

If that's true it's a massive disappointment. Cold Steel PLEASE listen, please offer un-coated versions of your most popular models. I cannot understand for the life of me how the old AUS8 version of the recon and lawman with the cheap coating, had a beautiful stonewash underneath but was never sold like this as a factory option. Having only black blade options on these models is a MASSIVE downside for many of us.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the 1849 Rifleman's Knife. It's described as a 12 inch 24 ounce 1085 carbon steel blade with rosewood handle. Comes with a leather "scabbard" with brass fittings. Sounds similar to the Frontier Bowie.

The SK5 @ 65rc can't be the final hardness. If it is, plus the cheap prices, I will definitely be buying some of each.

Back