2018 #82 Dixie Stockman and Possum Skinner Run

Mine all have very good action and snap.

One of the things you can do is polish the tang with Flitz or Simichrome.

Polishing the tang along with a good mineral oil flush helps a bunch.

It's a simple fix.

- Del

Might have something to do with its absolutely anemic action. While I love how the #38 feels in hand, and its blade is a slicing machine, I really prefer my knives to close without me literally having to shut it all the way.

Last edited:
Might have something to do with its absolutely anemic action. While I love how the #38 feels in hand, and its blade is a slicing machine, I really prefer my knives to close without me literally having to shut it all the way.

Strange. I’m not a huge fan of the 38 special, but on the 2 I had, the action was flawless.

P1maezq.jpg

GGXxgxd.jpg

60NERDt.jpg

nE4RVjK.jpg

Last edited:
Mine came in this week, and finally the weather stopped raining long enough to get a couple of shots. The micarta is a little snappier than the copperhead, but all blades do snap and I haven't cleaned it yet. Should be very similar to the 2014 run.

S79cZEj.jpg

3rbx9qL.jpg

9ZPJbu2.jpg

rIjOTbE.jpg

There are a great number of folks who frequent these forums and are active on various other forms of social media that greatly prefer single bladed patterns, 2 blades at the most. You can still find the 66 pattern (which is a medium sized stockman) on the shelves of many a dealer and those were from a production run in 2017. It is a very fine knife, it just does not ever get the same love that many of the single blade patterns do.

This might have hit it on the head. I know two blades is the sweet spot for me. Three just seems excessive. Also, something about the arrangement of the blades on stockman doesn't quite jibe with me. If I was going to carry a 3-blader, I'd go for a whittler over a stockman every time.

Nice pics, everyone. I think the Copperheads are the bomb (but with a hound's tooth shield:p), a tiny bit outside my normal size for carry, but am more than willing to make an exception this time. Presently on day 5 of the 2-day priority mail trip, with 2 of those days in CT. :rolleyes: Updated to deliver today! :thumbsup:

So far these look great!
Got an invoice the other day and a stag Northfield on the way. Be prepared for the higher price tag :) :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Are my eyes deceiving me or will the Tidioute Possum Skinner not have the serpentine shield? Edit: Dang, my reading comprehension is not very good, a hot dog shield.

Last edited:
This arrived in yesterday's mail, though I didn't really look at it until today, as we were hosting a family Christmas party. The weather today isn't so great so I moved an old maple chair up to the deck door for the best indoor pics I could get. :p I really like the blade combo, the jigging, color, and F&F on this one (and others posted here!) :thumbsup: Even if it is a tiny bit outside of my preferred pocket-carry size limit. :eek::D

xPOhRbE.jpg

5ZBnVY2.jpg

GNkePIa.jpg

I got my micarta yesterday. I friggin love it, I think it’s the perfect size with those low sitting blades. My clip has a great action, the wharncliffe is decent and the drop point doesn’t have much going for it at the moment. I know it’s those nice and tight pivots but that’s ok with me, it’ll break in. Flush and oiling is completed already and I can feel it’s getting better.

Very happy I took a chance on a pattern I’ve never had :thumbsup:

A little low on light, but this is a pretty good representative of the color. The knife is longer than most of my knives, but it feels really great in hand. All the blades are fairly low in profile when closed so they don’t dig into your fingers when holding the handle tight. All he blades close well. The secondaries are a little bit snappier than those on the 66’s, but if I had my choice I’d add a little more snap. I may get a belt sheath for this one.
bgrEiBe.jpg

usLzWi7.jpg

There are a great number of folks who frequent these forums and are active on various other forms of social media that greatly prefer single bladed patterns, 2 blades at the most. You can still find the 66 pattern (which is a medium sized stockman) on the shelves of many a dealer and those were from a production run in 2017. It is a very fine knife, it just does not ever get the same love that many of the single blade patterns do.
I prefer two blades (or more) but never took a shine to stockmen or trappers. Muskrat/California/Turkish clips being the main reason. Spey being the second.
I do have a 66 and it is a very fine knife...except that one blade.

Back