2018 BF Traditional Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could also use a more traditional canoe. GEC has the Little Indian Girl canoe pattern, but I am thinking of something larger, more like Case’s canoe pattern.

I’ll be happy with whatever the main players decide.

Last edited:
If it can only be GEC (which I'm more than fine with) I would like to see a half whittler on the Bear Lake frame they used for KSF. We could even get the PPP on it maybe.

On the other hand...a LionSteel Barlow or similar would be swell too ;)

I would like to see a Scout but that may be too difficult for a short run. One very possible option Hawbaker (an improved single spring muskrat, one clip one wharncliffe on opposite ends, catch bits).

Admittedly, the Hawbaker would be close to the CSC forum knife.

Last edited:
Single blade whaler, similar to the single blade lumberjacks/roughnecks? I’d be all over that.

Boy, you spend a few hours away from Bladeforums and 3 pages of forum knife wishery pop up. This is always one of the most exciting threads of the year, though it is always also the most fraught. I remember the first time I participated in the wish list. I got my heart set on the Whaler that time, and over the years I have come to realize that was a hopeless pipe-dream. But, it did lead me to finally pre-order a whaler when they came up this year since I have realized I am probably never going to get my Blade Forums Whaler of my dreams.

So that aside, my number one dream knife (besides a whaler) would be a scout knife. I know that would probably end up outside of the target price range, but this is my wish list. My next dream would be a stainless rope knife (especially if one with a marlin spike could be had). I don't think that one has a snowball's chance, but again, this is my knifey fantasies.

Fantasies aside, I just hope that there is a knife this year. Participating in the wishing and debating, and then the voting is one of my absolute favorite things about participating in this sub-forum. I hope and pray that the powers that be are willing to make this happen again. I know it is always a challenge, and a headache for the people who actually make it happen, but boy does it bring me joy.

Count me in for one of whatever if we get a forum knife. And here is some forum knife content:
View media item 2325View media item 411View media item 266
And of course, I have to mention that I would be over the moon for a whaler, or scout knife, or rope knife/navy marlinspike knife.

I'm going to go out on a limb a little here.I would think that the amount of business that GEC gets from members of this forum that they would be willing
to work with us to make our knife different & something really special like they did in 2014 with the 77 Stag Jack.
Last years knife was just another run of what they were making anyway & pretty blasea in the looks dept.
Something different to set our knife off from all the rest I think would be more appealing to all the members.Just putting our tang stamp on last year
was pretty feeble IMHO. Not trying to offend anyone or start a riot, just wonder how many others share similar thoughts.

If it isn't a barlow then it better have a caplifter! I would love a barlow with a caplifter. A clippoint 14, 15 or 44 with a caplifter. Or that 35 scout sounds great with a clip main

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back