2018 BF Traditional Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh really? Using that analysis why buy a GEC when there are so many customs available.

Quite a few people do start buying customs after getting into traditionals with GEC. I have bought a few but GEC is the sweet spot where quality intersects with price.
I'd love to have an actual Bose but I can't justify spending a $1000+ on a single pocket knife (and I'm sure at that price I'd never use it or carry it).

For ~ $100 GEC makes very nice production knives. I'd almost call them 'mid techs', from what I have seen of their production methods in a few youtube videos.

People don't want GEC over Buck "'cause they are hot." They want GEC because they are qualitatively superior in nearly every way. The only possible advantage Buck has is in the choice of blade steel. And if blade steel is all you care about, buy a Spyderco Mule.

And you have handled a knife that was made by the Buck Custom shop?
I have two. Both are in the GEC realm for fit and finish.

I see so much negativity in this thread that I am temporarily shutting it down until Gary and I can get a handle on it.

In the meantime let me say:
It's a forum knife. There are a lot of folks at BF who don't always post in Traditional who buy the Traditional Forum knife every year. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back