1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2018 Gaucho Group Buy Chat

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, May 14, 2018.

1. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    I'm really enjoying the group buy system. We've been talking, and the next group buy is going to allow greater flexibility, and will focus on sets, and there will be a slight bit of contest thrown in as well.

Thank you very much for all y'alls support. Keep the pics coming! I'm loving the pics and comments on this one.

Mr Big Deal, that tip is thin. Just sayin.

2. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    G10's getting glued up today
    [​IMG]

3. Twisted Forest

Twisted Forest Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2017
    Mine came today and it is outstanding! I told my wife the box was a sheath and had to open it when she wasn't looking. Now I need a new sheath so I can back my story up!

4. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    My Gaucho came in today. I have a few sheaths to do this weekend, then I'm going to start on Gaucho sheaths. A taco style slip cover in distressed and antiqued leather with a tooled border, sounds fun. Eyelets along the edge so you can add a belt loop or something to it. So many ideas, I need to get cracking!

Be careful, the Gaucho's are sharp! I was trying to get pictures of mine, it slipped and cut my finger. Lucky for me, I had just restocked my band-aid supply. LOL!

VANCE, CAD, Warrior108 and 1 other person like this.
  5. mwramos76

mwramos76 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Can you email me quotes for a sheath? [email protected]

6. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Can we get a GB left hand machete?

Nbrackett likes this.
  7. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Email sent with information and pricing. Thanks!

Left handed machete? If you're just looking for a left handed sheath, us sheath makers can sure hook you up. ;)

mwramos76 likes this.
  8. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe

Jan 6, 2005
    My Gaucho arrived last Thursday, but haven't had a chance to do photos or sheath work until today. Have used it a bunch on food prep and think it's really the ticket for what I wanted. Made easy work on cleaning/deveining bunch of shrimp, cut some nice steak and dice taters. Put together two styles of sheaths for the Gaucho since it seems to be destined for kitchen and outdoor use. First is standard for me with belt loop or clip.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a simple slip with a strap keeper that mine's staying in. Easy to store in a drawer, pack, etc. with the blade protected.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If anyone is interested, just email me at: [email protected] for pricing and any custom design.

Finally, my Gaucho:
    [​IMG]

Lady1911, hasco, burnside and 5 others like this.
  9. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Rick, those look good!

10. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe

Jan 6, 2005
    Thanks Heber! Post some up, everybody likes a little diversity.

11. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Yea post some up as well. Not sure I want to buy from a Floridian.

NOLA likes this.
  12. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    I hope to have some done by the weekend.

13. Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe

Jan 6, 2005
    Funny coming from a soon to be.....:D I have your special $3 about ready for photos.

Bmurray likes this.
  14. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Can’t wait for my G10 to arrive!

Another historical thread regarding a G10 gentleman’s steak knife here

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  15. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Just received the stainless g10 goodness. Commando scales are thin which is going to be so nice for pinch gripping the handle during food prep. Thank you so much! You guys nailed this one.

:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    NoRest, Lady1911, pertinux and 8 others like this.
  16. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Wow! Wanna trade? :D;)

Lady1911 and pertinux like this.
  17. hasco

hasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    After receiving a massdrop x apogee chef's knife this week that was extremely poorly made, I was happy to get a quality knife in the mail today. My gaucho looks great and came sharp enough to slice some tomatoes (the best test of sharpness in my opinion). It has a thin handle but it works good in several pinch grips. It blends well with the other knives in my knife block too! One of the reasons I have bought so many Fiddlebacks is because the spalting or hammered texture on the flats. The beauty of the flats and the bullseye have always set them apart visually from all lot of other knife makers. The milled flats on this don't look bad but now the bullseye and makers mark are left to the heavy hitting visually. Of course the comfort of the handles and overall excellent finish is what sets Andy's knives apart when it comes to use. Overall, this gaucho will be a valuable addition to my collection and I think it will see a lot of use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bmurray, PolRoger, prom52 and 8 others like this.