1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 Fiddleback User Weekend

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Bmurray, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    ok, let's get a discussion thread started for the next user weekend. This was one of the best events that I've had the pleasure to be involved in. Here is where I got to know a lot of you guys that I now call my friends. We need to start planning now. I'm volunteering to help with the organizing which should be done by a group so Justen doesn't have it all on his shoulders.

Trackrock has a lot of woods and creeks so it might be a good venue.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Luca917 and Odaon like this.
  2. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Kevin and I have been plotting out the next Fiddleback User Weekend and I should be able to post something before too long. We're thinking a little earlier than March this year so it's a little cooler and we will have less conflict with Blade Show. Stay tuned.

Luca917 and Outpost Allison like this.
  3. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator

Oct 19, 2005
    Woot! Glad to see this thread!

Bmurray likes this.
  4. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    There may even be a very special design Fiddleback made for this event, that you can only get by attending. Keep an eye out for the details from Justen.

Outpost Allison likes this.
  5. Aias

Aias

Aug 1, 2012
    Damn boys, good times in the woods sounds awesome... being on the west coast will make it hard, but I'm listening--it sure would be great to put faces to names, and take part in the memories.

Fiddleback and Outpost Allison like this.
  6. theobetts

theobetts

Nov 4, 2004
    Staying tuned!

Fiddleback likes this.
  7. heat_treat

heat_treat Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Ah, how quickly we forget... :)

It was in May and while probably not typical, it was wet and cold. As evidenced by pictures here

Fiddleback User Weekend May 5-7, Hiawassee, GA - Schedule Posted

I'm in again :thumbsup:

Fiddleback, Odaon and Southern Gent like this.
  8. NOLA

NOLA Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 9, 2016
    If it's going to be colder you may need to get @VANCE one of those gumby survival suits.

9. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Sounds like fun would love to come down from New Hampshire and meet everybody!

Fiddleback, VANCE and Outpost Allison like this.
  10. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    I'm going to be in NH the next few days

11. Southern Gent

Southern Gent Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 3, 2015
    I should have been more specific. Earlier than March to avoid conflicts with Blade (June) and Trackrock (March) plus have some cooler temps. I'm looking into a location south of Atlanta, so having the user weekend when it's cooler will be better. @NOLA I think we need to put @VANCE into a giant hamster ball for the weekend.

12. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Gonna want it to be stainless just in case it falls into the drink......with a participant.

Oh and in for the event.

13. Luca917

Luca917 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Oh hell yes!

Fiddleback likes this.
  14. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Gathering of the Bush Hermits?

wildmanh likes this.
  15. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 9, 2000
    Sounds fun! Can't make it, so I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Fiddleback likes this.
  16. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    We're are you staying bob? I'm in the lakes region

Bmurray likes this.
  17. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Earlier than March might end up conflicting with some plans for me depending on the days, we'll see! I would definitely love to make the second User Weekend, the first one was an amazing time!

Bummed that I wasn't able to make Trackrock work this fall.

Fiddleback likes this.
  18. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    I’d like to attend an event like this. I’m hoping it doesn’t conflict with some other things I’ve got scheduled in March, though.

South of Atlanta is good because let’s just say that I don’t have the fondest memories of north Georgia’s law enforcement....;) :D

Fiddleback and Bmurray like this.
  19. Bmurray

Feb 9, 2012
    Mid April would be pergect, but we have to see what Kevin's schedule looks like.

Fiddleback Outpost and Lady1911 like this.
  20. ndmiller

ndmiller Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 30, 2015
    My fondest memory of living in Texas "TEXAS STATE TROOPER, STEP OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE". I was clocked going 38mph in a 35mph construction zone and was shaking when the experience was over. Only time I ever thought I was going to get shot, especially when he told me to raise my hands, which uncovered my G19. Luckily he knew as he had run my plate, and thanked me for carrying before leaving me to go on my way.