1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 37 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Sabol Brothers Kiridashi , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I found reading the comments and debate very interesting and informative of how others think and their preferences (for example, widespread dislike for the standard GEC shields). Because so many people were passionate and vocal, you got a really informative narrative on those preferences. I also learned some new stuff.

This type of market research is highly valuable to companies.

When GEC starts producing Jobillo with federal shield as the standard option on all of its runs, instead of micarta and hotdog shield, I will look back on this thread and be grateful

:D:D

t.willy, Pàdruig, Travman and 3 others like this.
  2. Jathes

Jathes Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Levi's Carpenter Pants with a Buck 110 in the fifth pocket.

[​IMG]

Buzzbait, t.willy and tmd_87 like this.
  3. TX180SX

TX180SX Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Let's do this!

tmd_87 likes this.
  4. Elgatodeacero

Elgatodeacero Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 5, 2014
    this is all happenning way too fast......

meako likes this.
  5. knarfeng

knarfeng senex morosus moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Jul 30, 2006
    These are interesting ideas. The secret ballot is possible. I'm not certain the software will allow voting without allowing posting. But, that's an interesting idea and we'll look into it for next year should there be a next year.

meako, btb01, tmd_87 and 3 others like this.
  6. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Too bad folks are asking to change the process. I think the comments are what lead to a well rounded final product. Looking at the 10 years of forum knives had turned out some nice knives - with the exception of the micarta TC.

Elgatodeacero, GE Jr, tmd_87 and 2 others like this.
  7. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    jHRZBm7.jpg
    Gonna be my go to for spam.

Can't wait to get this thing in the pocket. Cheers!!!

8. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    "Spam" should always be capitalised, Taylor!

Half/Stop, meako and tmd_87 like this.
  9. UnderDawgAl

UnderDawgAl

Feb 18, 2018
    How long do y'all think the cutting edge will be -- i.e., the blade length minus the tang?

10. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Woops sorry!

meako and Prester John like this.
  11. DelOro

DelOro Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2016
    I have a few extra crying towels (from my golf game :p) and would be more than happy...

[​IMG]

...to share them with the folks unhappy regarding the current BF knife selecting process! :):eek::p

Regards,

- Del

12. T. Erdelyi

T. Erdelyi Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 3, 2001
    Next year’s knife will be a fixed blade bird and trout with a knice leather convertible neck sheath. ;) :D (~);-}

sitflyer, Buzzbait, zolthar and 6 others like this.
  13. veitsi_poika

veitsi_poika Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Did you just start more voting for 2020 Ted? At the pace this knife went, we can have at least 6 more knives by the end of the year :D The convo hadn't really seriously started last year until after April o_O Going to be an empty feeling the rest of the year, 8+ months of forum knife building withdrawals. :oops:

t.willy likes this.
  14. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    If we ever do a fixed blade, I'd like it to be something small like that. :thumbsup: Does Buck still make 'em?
    Vote for stacked leather!

15. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Small-ish and stacked leather would get my vote for a fixed blade forum knife, too. :thumbsup:

Wurrwulf, N.E.Tim, Fodderwing and 2 others like this.
  16. Camillus

Jun 3, 2015
    Small fixed blade would be too cool!

17. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    I just got this GEC H60 which to me is a mini Bowie. I'll cast the first vote, YES. IMG_8405-1024x965.JPG

18. Camillus

Jun 3, 2015
    Is that an H60 or an H10?

19. Wurrwulf

Wurrwulf

Dec 3, 2015
    Frankly, I'm glad it's pretty much done and over with... The Porch really drags me down when Forum Knife discussions are active.

20. joeradza

joeradza Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 6, 2014
    H60