• -- Federal

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • -- Houndtooth

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome job on the mockups Darren. waverave waverave Thank you for taking the time:thumbsup::cool: and for making it harder to pick n chose with all the great visualizations you've brought to light for us.;):)

Would you do a badge in black please?
Hoping it gains a write in spot.:rolleyes::oops:

I am late to this conversation, and clearly the "custom shield" option has no traction, but if the custom shield had some momentum, would an anchor have been a possibility?

Edited to add: knifeswapper knifeswapper , since I was hoping for a response, I should probably tag you huh? That said, there isn't any support for a custom shield, so I guess it doesn't really matter what the answer is. I am just curious. This is the closest to a nautical knife that the forum knife is ever likely to come.

Last edited:
Still thinking the banner fits this knife the best, pretty sure GEC sizes the shield to the pattern such as the banner used on the latest run of Whalers, this pic also gives a good idea of the difference in look between a reddish wood and a dark wood, I still prefer the black.

IMG_8636.jpg

Here is the Orleans on a recent Rendezvous special 81, also the plain old bar shield would probably look great also,

IMG_9099.jpg

Orleans looks great on any wood choice, so that’s my vote for now. May change in the short window between poll closings, depending on what wood wins.

I am late to this conversation, and clearly the "custom shield" option has no traction, but if the custom shield had some momentum, would an anchor have been a possibility?

Edited to add: knifeswapper knifeswapper , since I was hoping for a response, I should probably tag you huh? That said, there isn't any support for a custom shield, so I guess it doesn't really matter what the answer is. I am just curious. This is the closest to a nautical knife that the forum knife is ever likely to come.
While I really like some of the available options, I can't help but feel maybe we are squandering an opportunity at our very own shield here. I think I would vote for an Anchor, or almost any other "custom" offering.

While I really like some of the available options, I can't help but feel maybe we are squandering an opportunity at our very own shield here. I think I would vote for an Anchor, or almost any other "custom" offering.

I agree that a custom shield maybe ought to have been considered first.
An anchor might be really cool.

I have been given no restriction on the custom other that since it is smooth handles the points would need to be limited. But there is a reason that none of the shields have big loops; when you start routing around bone/wood you open yourself up to a lot of defects.

I will note that some people are not following instructions and are placing their two votes on two different specific shields.
Once the voting is over, we will find a way to invalidate both votes if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back