• Wood Jigged

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Micarta

Votes: 17 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only two Forum Knives have been clad in wood so far, 2010 in Ebony, 2015 in Bocote. That ought to concentrate minds on wanting something different..:cool: Osage Orange;) Chechen Rosewood

I don't quite see why GEC must use a wood it's used before?:confused: There are plenty of options out there, Snakewood, Maple Burl, Zebrawood etc etc

its a pity that there are so many beautiful Australian hardwoods that are dense ,very hard and smell good but it would cost a fortune to ship a couple of sleepers worth overseas..:(

Ya I'm worried ebony will run away in a 4-6 wood vote. Hoping for a sweet burl wood....that hasn't been done on Bladeforums knife. Ebony been there and done that on a forum knife.

Something like this would be the cat’s pajamas.
Buckeye_Burl_Select_knife_blanks.JPG

RayseM RayseM “Please (nearly) anything but another ebony lambs foot.”

Was this a Freudian slip?:)

No slip intended :oops: I started to write ANYTHING but another ebony... but realized I was opening to a very big range of oh no - NOT that :(. So I threw in the qualifier.

Make sense?

Ray

No slip intended :oops: I started to write ANYTHING but another ebony... but realized I was opening to a very big range of oh no - NOT that :(. So I threw in the qualifier.

Make sense?

Ray
Maybe he was pointing out that it's a sheepsfoot and not a lambsfoot.

We should hold our own independent pole while we wait.....yes or no: should ebony/African black wood be an option for the main poll?

20190308-110550.jpg

Spotted Gum on a RR lockback kit knife I built.Something similar would be good...subtle figuring ,strength, durability without the imo blandness of Ebony(beautiful but yknow....even the white bits are black)...nor the lotto of heavily figured burl wood which will undoubtedly lead to complaints eg
mines too swirly,
mine has no colour,
mine hasnt got enough swirls,
mine looks like an evil demon face and it talks to me....
I'm glueing mini barnacles on my scales to make it look more seaworthy
etc.
The Porchenberg Naval Reserve policy on issue of knives for 2019 is this: Members of the PNR may have any knife of their choosing ...so long as it is the
standard issue sabre sheepsfoot wooden handled GEC BF 2019 model . Alterations,adornments,adjustments, amendments ,antisentiments carried out by the owner are done so at their own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back