1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Attention 2019 Forum Knife : Poll - Smooth Wood

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by knifeswapper, Mar 8, 2019.

Smooth Wood

Poll closed Mar 14, 2019.
  1. African Blackwood

152 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Bocote

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  3. Bloodwood

30 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. Ebony

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. Kingwood

2 vote(s)
    0.5%
  6. Jobillo

5 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. Desert Ironwood

149 vote(s)
    40.3%
  8. Osage Orange

17 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Cocobolo

2 vote(s)
    0.5%
  10. Che Chen

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Taylor Even though we were on “opposite sides of the fence,” your humor always made me laugh(well...almost always:)). Your posts help lighten things when it got a little rough. You were one of the good guys.

@knifeswapper You ran a tight ship and should be commended. Thank you. Your wit is dryer than any martini I ever drank. Crisp and to the point.

dc50, knifeswapper, Ramrodmb and 9 others like this.
  2. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Thanks Harvey!

3. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    Yes, Taylor, you've been a great sport. But about your choices in beer--:eek:

Fodderwing, tmd_87 and mitch4ging like this.
  4. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
    Almost forgot... @waverave Darren deserves a big hand in tirelessly, yet enthusiastically helping all of us to visualize what the potential finished knife would look like. Major kudos.

dc50, Terdl76, RCMAZ and 18 others like this.
  5. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Hope people can relax now and just enjoy it, as voted by the majority!
    I enjoyed the fun bantering back and forth, and no doubt it will be the (second) best knife we could get this year!:D

But NEXT YEAR....it will be our year! Bwa-haa-haa-ha!
    17bfed537eaea0f3a25cce03c433e21e.png

dc50, Travman, Prester John and 6 others like this.
  6. N.E.Tim

N.E.Tim Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Normally, I would have voted and came back to the thread once or twice and once at the end of the vote.
    But, with the close votes being cast and the good humor, I am pretty sure that I read every post.

cigarrodog, cbr1000, DelOro and 3 others like this.
  7. fishface5

fishface5

Feb 3, 2001
    So, the Dark Side prevails! It's power was too great. Insidious, one might say. So far the only poll that has gone my way on this entire knife has been satin blade!! Oh well, I'll buy at least one . . .

cbr1000 and mitch4ging like this.
  8. bbk357

bbk357 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Taylor is like When you’re walking your toddler down the street and you do everything you can to make sure he doesn’t see the ice cream truck. Because if he does- he won’t stop until he gets his damn ice cream cone.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Shurke, Ramrodmb, cigarrodog and 2 others like this.
  9. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Mark, I didn't even come close to poll watching; in fact I just now logged on to see what won.

Ramrodmb likes this.
  10. TX180SX

TX180SX Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Wow this year's voting has been great fun to participate in! And this is coming from someone who has been on the losing end of every single vote! Great job everyone! It'll be a looker for sure. Can't wait to have one in hand. :)

JTB_5, Prester John, DelOro and 2 others like this.
  11. JohnDF

JohnDF Gold Member Gold Member

May 14, 2018
    Thanks to all who helped make this possible; Mike for his efforts, the Mods for their tolerance, and Darren for his visuals.

dc50, Lostball, Fodderwing and 5 others like this.
  12. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Hahahahah :D

cigarrodog likes this.
  13. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Taylor, all it takes is an email to @glennbad and, not too longer after these knives ship, we can start our own "What Should Have Been" thread. You can get yours recovered in Ironwood; I'm going for some beautiful jigged bone! :D

That sounds about like every experience I've had with mead. :confused: :D

tmd_87 likes this.
  14. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    I'm glad Blackwood won, but I would have liked either one. Very close run thing on this one, the good natured banter was great imo. Typical of the Porch, even though many was passionate about their choice nothing got outta hand. Everyone here is a class act. Couple of us may have a cylinder fire'n outta order ( I still say rainbow pakkawood;) ) but its all in good fun. This will be a great knife, and I'm looking forward to it being my first forum knife. That all of you are involved in its creation will make it special to me.

Fodderwing, cigarrodog, Augie and 3 others like this.
  15. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    But then it won't be the Forum knife. ;)

tmd_87 likes this.
  16. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    If anyone gets a knife with white, light, or brown streaks they don't want PM me if I get a jet black one you want we can swap. :);):thumbsup:

Jak3 likes this.
  17. Old Hunter

Old Hunter Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Cool; I want jet black, midnight black - whatever black is blackest. OH

Matt_WY and tmd_87 like this.
  18. ron_m80

ron_m80 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 1, 2009
    Thinking for myself, I could have gone with Che Chen or Osage here. Otherwise, it's majority rules.

19. btb01

btb01 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 26, 2008
    Sure it will! It'll still have the stamp and everything! :cool:

TX Traditional and cigarrodog like this.
  20. Sacto

Sacto Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 27, 2017
    So it looks like based on Mike’s original post on the poll schedule we can now have a provisional poll to get brushed bolsters on the Blackwood knife. :D

btb01 and BigKurtHaze like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.