Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will tell you right now, this process is not a small undertaking as a whole - but my part is but a small bit compared to what our moderator brothers are doing behind the scenes.
Mike and the moderators: Thank you for all your work on this year's Traditional Forum knife. The whole thing was handled very nicely. It should be a winner. I am not as picky as many here and pretty much just went with the flow during the selection process as ultimately, the only thing I knew I didn't want were acrylic scales. Acrylic scales are a recipe for not using a knife for me from day one. I placed my order for one (purchase). I still don't know if this is one I will use or not. I know that it is one I COULD USE and that make's all the difference. No big thing either way actually.

Is there a time limit for getting the funds transferred (aka the purchase) for the forum knife? I assume there is.

Last edited:
Been doing this a while now and I have come to the conclusion that if you like traditional knives, you should get the forum knife yearly as they are always special.

I used to review just what was selected for the forum knife in terms of features and decide if I want it. The blade number is generally the biggest consideration as I like two bladed slip joints the most and seldom buy one that doesn't have two blades any more. I know that I have regretted not buying or signing up for the forum knife after they start getting shipped to the members and I look at pictures of the actual knife. So, I make this suggestion to those who hesitate for future forum knives.

I hope mine comes with this Back “black” label :D
S6nxGDl.jpg

I purchased 2 knives and requested one with the label and one without. Is it to late to make both of them with the label?

Folks, if you've put in to buy a knife, now's the time to buy it.

♦ If you need foreign shipping from GEC
or
♦ If you don't want a label,
the deadline to buy is Friday 10/25.

If you only require domestic shipping and would like a back label, the deadline is a bit longer.

But we need to get the money in to Mike.

I know there is a list of those who are interested in purchasing who missed the opportunity.

That said, if those requests are filled and there are still unaccounted orders I’d gladly buy another one.

This year’s knife is really cool and I’d be stoked to pick one more up.

*edited at an attempt to correct my poor spelling*

I know there is a list of those who are interested in purchasing who missed the opportunity.

That said, if those requests are filled and there are still unaccounted orders I’d gladly buy another one.

This year’s knife is really cool and I’d be stoked to pick one more up.

*edited at an attempt to correct my poor spelling*
X 2 I would definitely buy another or even two more to help Mike and keep the ball rolling :)

Last edited:
I purchased 2 knives and requested one with the label and one without. Is it to late to make both of them with the label?

With as many complications as there are currently; you are probably going to receive whatever was specifically selected on the order form. I will try my best to remember, but right now the things to remember have my mind and my desk sticky note space at capacity.

Last edited:
I feel sure if a few don't pay for their knives, someone will anti up and purchase what I would suspect would be a few knives. I would help out if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back