2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Got my Cocobolo in today. Such a fine piece of cutlery.

I am having a difficult time capturing good pictures of this. My lighting is off and the wood is quite glossy. I am pretty happy with the grain though. I have a few Coco pieces from GEC and this is the first one I have received with relatively straight grain. Typically, I like the unusual ones but it is nice to have such an elegant piece as this too.

rrEjNgB.jpg

Pw9bgLZ.jpg

F0o8ZXZ.jpg

bnOepAo.jpg
Its a beauty! :thumbsup:

Whatta loverly buncha knives!!! Good choices!!!
That Coca reveals it's kinship with Rosewood!!

Its a beauty! :thumbsup:

Thank you, fellas, I am very pleased.

What about the natural micarta version?

I must confess that micarta is not my favorite cover material on traditional slip joints. I LOVE it on my fixed blades, just not as big a fan of it on slippies. I would much rather folks who appreciate that material have access to those knives than me take up a knife simply for the sake of completing a collection.

I took a couple more shots with more favorable lighting. I am waiting for the blasted mosquitoes to go away before really enjoying my cigar.

c2BOont.jpg

YCXgi5o.jpg

Thank you, fellas, I am very pleased.

I must confess that micarta is not my favorite cover material on traditional slip joints. I LOVE it on my fixed blades, just not as big a fan of it on slippies. I would much rather folks who appreciate that material have access to those knives than me take up a knife simply for the sake of completing a collection.

I took a couple more shots with more favorable lighting. I am waiting for the blasted mosquitoes to go away before really enjoying my cigar.

c2BOont.jpg

YCXgi5o.jpg

Well she looks good. Like a candy paint job!

The Cocobolos are beautiful! Congrats to everyone who got one.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the jigged bone Northfields...

I'm hoping they aren't released till 7/15... then I could actually get one!

Any guess on what shield will be on the jigged bone NF? It seems like they are being a little more sneaky with this than normal.

Great shot of your 93 collection Houston !
The four knives appear to have developed a patina already, are you using all four ?
That's actually just my horrible picture taking skills. All are patina free at the moment but the micarta and oily creek bone will be the users

Well, there's another one that is certain to fly off the shelf.
The shield is a real curveball. But I suspect you are certainly correct, another instant sellout! :)

I was doing a great job not getting in the scramble, but this knife is just so interesting in its features that I just might need one.

Back