2020 GEC #62 Easy Pocket Congress and Pocket Carver Thread

This 62 Split Back Whittler has to be one of the best made GEC's I have seen. You might swear it's a custom.

4XryuNS.jpg

I surely like the Congress patterns. Will be ordering one as soon as they are available.

Well it's only been the better part of a decade....better start setting money aside now.....I think I'll need one of each.

I hope we can get a Whittler out of this run too....never have been able to find one in jigged bone.

Nice to see this pattern finally coming back around. I like the Tidioute shields. Would be nice to see the crown shield, as GEC calls it, again on the Northfields
wY6fkhu.jpg
I'm not generally a congress guy, but that one is a beauty!

I'm not generally a congress guy, but that one is a beauty!
Thanks, it is one of my favorite GECs. I would not consider myself a congress guy either, but I am a sucker for a whittler. Would be nice to see come whittlers again but not sure that will be in the cards this time around. As far as congress patterns go I do like GECs 62 pattern.

Finally! Please GEC, make the whittler :)

A few of my favorites already posted, great examples, fellas! Think I may have to get a few flavors of these and so the wait begins

They're bringing back the Unicorn Ivory! I thought they swore that stuff off.

Judging by how Will talked about it, if memory serves, I am shocked they're using it again. But happy!

I've given this knife a good workout in years past! It's an absolutely great knife!!:thumbsup:
Before pictures:
View attachment 1236126 View attachment 1236127 View attachment 1236128
After pictures:
View attachment 1236137 View attachment 1236138
I did a thread on it, but the "search" is not working for me, so I could not find it!!
You Say Tomato . . . . . . . ??

Charlie, the #13 had both of my most hated issues (blade rap and proud tips) on all 3 that I got. Do you know if the #62 is less likely to have such issues?

Also, that stone is super cool. Is it carved, or natural?

Glad they decided on the #62 instead of the #61. The #13 kind of made the #61 obsolete. I appreciate the pocket friendliness of the #62 though. I collect acrylic, so obviously the unicorn is coming home with me. I'm not crazy, not will I ever be, about the gimmicky banana shield, but I love camel bone, and that'll be a sought after piece in the future.. I'm really digging the Tidioute stamped bowtie shield too.

Glad to see this one reappear, can't remember if it has semi-sunk joints or not? That Banner shield is what it's all about!
See my remark to Kiro

Here is mine. Joints are sunk pretty well. Blades sit low overall so that it's really comfortable to use with either blade.

View attachment 1236104 View attachment 1236105

Yes, and part of the "easy pocket" designation was the rounded bolsters, as compared to the square bolsters on the 62.

I've given this knife a good workout in years past! It's an absolutely great knife!!:thumbsup:
Before pictures:
View attachment 1236126 View attachment 1236127 View attachment 1236128
After pictures:
View attachment 1236137 View attachment 1236138
I did a thread on it, but the "search" is not working for me, so I could not find it!!
You Say Tomato . . . . . . . ??

Man that acrylic is so cool! It seems like in the more recent offerings, the acrylics have started to regain popularity momentum. I hope we might see some more cool stuff like what's on your knives. In an unabashedly gaudily don't care way, I really like that gold sparkle, too. A black sparkle would rock.

Charlie, the #13 had both of my most hated issues (blade rap and proud tips) on all 3 that I got. Do you know if the #62 is less likely to have such issues?

I'm not Charlie, but I for one would be quite surprised if you got one of these that had blade wrap. The blades are both short enough and not broad enough, AND the springs are typically an easy 5... All three ingredients for an easy closing, nice snapping, easy pocket.

I think the blade on the 13, even the clerk/office knife was longer. On the 61/62 the mains are in between full length and secondary blade length for other comparable knives.

See my remark to Kiro

Yes, and part of the "easy pocket" designation was the rounded bolsters, as compared to the square bolsters on the 62.

Man that acrylic is so cool! It seems like in the more recent offerings, the acrylics have started to regain popularity momentum. I hope we might see some more cool stuff like what's on your knives. In an unabashedly gaudily don't care way, I really like that gold sparkle, too. A black sparkle would rock.

I'm not Charlie, but I for one would be quite surprised if you got one of these that had blade wrap. The blades are both short enough and not broad enough, AND the springs are typically an easy 5... All three ingredients for an easy closing, nice snapping, easy pocket.

I think the blade on the 13, even the clerk/office knife was longer. On the 61/62 the mains are in between full length and secondary blade length for other comparable knives.

Thanks for the reply, I thought that might be the case!

A lot of people asking what unicorn Ivory Acrylic is. I'm not 100% sure it's literally this material from the same manufacturer, but it definitely looks 100% the same.

https://guitarpartsandmore.com/productCategory.php?Resin-Ivory-trade-S-Grade-Inlay-Slabs-189

I'm really excited for these, I just may have an SFO in the works for these.
"Oily creek bone saw cut" "Blueberry peach seed jigged bone" "Autumn Leaf peach seed jigged bone" "Blue river acrylic" "Blue camel bone. Hey Everybody, DLT Trading still has their SFO GEC#12 Toothpicks. I bought one myself. Those Toothpicks are the longest available GEC SFO knives in GEC history. I love mine ! I highly recommend that DLT SFO #12 toothpick knife for every blade collection.

Back