2020 is coming...

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Cold Steel Knives, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Cold Steel Knives

Cold Steel Knives Moderator Moderator

Apr 16, 2013
    Hey folks,

Today we did an early release of two 2020 products. The FGX Wasp and the Kudu Lite. They are available on our website for sale as of right now. We got them in early so we decided to release them early.

The remainder of the 2020 products will be shown Jan 1st, 2020. This does not necessarily mean that they will be in stock and ready for sale on this date, but we will begin showing photos, web listings, etc on that date.

Stay tuned and as always, thank you for your support!

Smiling, mdrgn79, The Whip and 5 others like this.
  2. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Several months ago you mentioned an AD15 variant...did I miss it or is that coming in 2020?

insta9ves likes this.
  3. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    Looking forward to those new voyagers

mdrgn79 likes this.
  4. Mike Sastre

Mike Sastre Custom Crafted Concealex Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 23, 1999
    Looking forward to seeing what's new.

5. Cold Steel Knives

Apr 16, 2013
    You'll see :)

6. nephron

nephron Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 3, 2017
    That's the way to bring in a new year. So no teaser fliers this month? When does the new catalog come out?

7. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    When will the A-2 Trail Master, Recon Scout, Laredo and Natchez be available?

Organic556 likes this.
  8. Mike Sastre

Mike Sastre Custom Crafted Concealex Sheaths Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 23, 1999
    Short answer is "when they are". Historically, there are a number of QC steps in the process before full production gets the "go ahead", starting with the approval of the "production prototypes", and you are asking about 4 different models. After approval, you still have production and delivery schedules, plus more QC. That's why being able to purchase new Cold Steel products always rolls out in staggered availability. If given a firm date, you may be disappointed if there is any glitch in the QC, approval, production, and delivery process. "Patience, Grasshopper", they will be here when they get here.

9. GlockMonkey

GlockMonkey

Sep 8, 2002
    "We have tried to make our FGX Wasp dagger look and feel as close as humanly possible to our Drop Forged Wasp."

Is this another upcoming model? I'm excited to see the kris blade voyager and ti-lite and anything else.

10. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    That's awesome! Looking forward to the midsized/smaller folder spotted in one of your hunting vids. Also the kris bladed Voyager and Ti Lite.

mdrgn79 and insta9ves like this.
  11. Cold Steel Knives

Apr 16, 2013
    Voyager*

Maybe, depends when we get stuff in.

Still don't have a solid ETA.

This.

Correct, it is not serrated like the FGX version, though.

Quite a few of those!

12. dogstar

dogstar

Jan 23, 2011
    IMO the slipjoint Kudu would have been much better as a 3" blade

13. The Zieg

The Zieg

Jan 31, 2002
    I don't get how a Kudu could be any lighter, but I'll have a look-see.
    ---
    Hmm, not bad! Will make a good tacklebox knife. Drill a hole for a thong and hang it in the barn for opening hay bales. Put one in the picnic basket along with a corkscrew. Throw one in the glovebox for emergencies. The original Eland sharpens quickly, washes easily, won't rust or rot, and handles well with gloves on, so this will, too. Cool!

Zieg

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  14. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013

15. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    Ha well you answered my veiled question then. I thought I saw an xl clip point with the DLC/OD green handle treatment in a picture, guess I was seeing things..

16. Larry Turko

Larry Turko

Oct 4, 2007
    I'm going to be extremely disappointed if CS doesn't bring out at least one new XL folder for 2020. I hope we'll see a kris style blade.

17. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I'm relatively new to CS as I'm now carrying a Recon 1 and Code 4 most days but I'm pretty excited about 2020. I have yet to find a knife that feels as solid, performs as well, and offers as much value as what i'm getting from CS.

Here's to 2020!

18. jux t

jux t Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 10, 2018
    “One of us! One of us! One of us!”

insta9ves and johnnywizzo like this.
  19. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Gonna be hard to improve on these...

but I'm willing to give a Kris Voyager a shot at the title-- if it's XL, that is ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jux t and AF like this.
  20. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Be nice to see some actual folders....nothing really exciting but i'm paitently waiting for the good stuff.

insta9ves likes this.