2020 is coming...

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by Cold Steel Knives, Dec 4, 2019.

1. dogstar

dogstar

Jan 23, 2011
    Though I am not Cold Steel, I can say it most definitely does!

2. Cold Steel Knives

Cold Steel Knives Moderator Moderator

Apr 16, 2013
    Yeah.
    No liners but it does have like 1/2 or 3/4 length bolsters for the lock.
    Yep.
    Sure does, along with bolsters.

Man with no name and dogstar like this.
  3. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Starting to pop up at dealers. Looks like many (all?) new models at Minimum Advertised Price of 15% off. Hope I'm mistaken.

4. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Can't wait to bag a Kris Voyager!

5. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    4 max scout hell yeah!

dogstar likes this.
  6. cvnhank

cvnhank

Jan 1, 2004
    Cold Steel,
    RE: 4-Max Scout
    Are the steel liners inlet in the scale like the Spartan steel liners are inlet in the scale?
    Hank

7. Cold Steel Knives

Apr 16, 2013
    They are under MAP.
    It's actually really awesome, not going to lie. I'm partial myself to the "budget" version of things, not really my style, but this thing is insane for the cost.
    No, they are like the 4MAX.

oxman198 likes this.
  8. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    I see pics of a new bat called the Brooklyn Slammer but no Banshee. Was there a name change?

9. Cold Steel Knives

Apr 16, 2013
    Page 2 of the "Whats New" tab.

10. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    That's where I see the Brooklyn Slammer but no Banshee. The only item not shown with a pic is the Willow Leaf Sword.

11. Cold Steel Knives

Apr 16, 2013
    Man with no name likes this.
  12. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm also not a fan of the "budget" versions of thing(as i've been so vocal earlier this month) but i think for 4MAX Scout it works, since the price disparity with the "premium" version is so high, people get to enjoy the design and with relatively high performance.
    IMO these AUS10 knives is kinda mid-range. The only thing i don't like is plastic(mainly due to the overall thickness), though i still own all Rajah III, Counter Point models. These could be nice G-10 models and may work well if made "premium".

The true budget one like 1.4116/8cr/5cr is probably what many enthusiast(keyword) dislike. Look at the majority of new CRKT lineup. Pretty sure they'll sell well, and the profit margin will be high if they sell a lot, but the true cost is the brand image IMO, which is obviously something that doesn't show on the balance sheet. E.g. CRKT and Gerber is so meme worthy nowadays for coming up with great design but cheap execution.

It's kinda like Porsche vs Toyota. One earns profit by charging a premium and brand image, another earns profit via the economy of scale of selling a crap tons of them. Obviously many others in between and above/below the range. It's just business strategy.

13. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm okay with MAP if the company is making mid-high end product, e.g. Benchmade, Spyderco & ZT. People still buy a crap ton of them regardless. Don't think it works well for low end budget items since a part of MAP strategy is to protect brand image. E.g. Spyderco dropped MAP for their Byrd line.

14. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Air Lite ordered.

Cold Steel Knives, jux t, WTF and 2 others like this.
  15. Turok316

Turok316

Feb 24, 2013
    Hey Cold Steel! I'm really excited for the Willow Leaf sword! Is it the same old oxtail dao or is it a whole new design?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  16. daybd

daybd

Oct 13, 2006
    There is official video on CS channel about Air Lites. They look AMAZING! Gonna order myself a copuple!

WTF, jux t, AF and 1 other person like this.
  17. WTF

WTF

Feb 20, 2000
    All the regular vendors dont have them yet that I researched. Where your guys finding them? Specifically the 4-max scout. Thanks.

Hungryone likes this.
  18. dogstar

dogstar

Jan 23, 2011
    On the online auction site, although the Scout does seem to be available yet.

19. Cold Steel Knives

Apr 16, 2013
    As always, let me know what you think!
    It is the same.
    Thanks!
    They're buying them direct. They're under MAP, you're not getting a smoking deal somewhere else right now. Create and account and login on our website and the prices drop, a little trick most people don't know. I mean upwards of 30% on some items. Try it out, you may not need to order from a dealer.

The Whip, kreole, jux t and 1 other person like this.
  20. WTF

WTF

Feb 20, 2000
    Thanks for the tip I will give it a shot!