2021 GEC 05 Keychain knife

jmgruber

Gold Member
GEC-ILLUSTRATED.jpg

I didn't see another thread for these yet - so here we go! I am looking forward to this little knife.

Looking at the "what's happening" over on GEC the variation of the stag covers is pretty wild.

I'm very excited about it. Small enough to fit on a keychain or watch pocket but big enough to be useful, stainless steel for less maintenance, and stag (which is looking great) for good looks. I think it looks very classic, like the vintage knives that you see all worn down because people carried them constantly.

This will be a nice one! I wonder if it will be bigger than the #19 Little Rattler

This will be a nice one! I wonder if it will be bigger than the #19 Little Rattler
based on the specs it’s 1/4” shorter (closed) than the Rattler. About 1/4” longer than an SAK Classic (again closed).

Looking at the pics closely, that little ring that attaches the fob is going to have to be replaced by something sturdier.

I’m really curious how these will be priced. It looks like an inexpensive (I was tempted to say “cheap”) knife, especially for GEC. In my opinion these should cost less than a F&F Bull Nose (non-inflated dealer price), otherwise I’m not sure I see the appeal.

Back