212 Ranger

I do like that patina. Mine is a user so at most there are only 12 pristine Buffalo horn ones left. In w-2 I had to use it.

It seemed like a bargain at the time 1/2 the price of the blue lucite still using w-2.

Last edited:
Sass - I started collecting some of the old pre-factory knives not too long ago. I have been acquiring a few but have not spent much time doing any research on the year marks etc.
That is something I am going to start on in the next few months. So to answer your question I am not sure of the year or original model number.

I will post a picture of the old lucite one next to one of the newer versions later tonight for size comparison.

I saw some in the 1948 catalog that was similar...

I did see something that I didn't know, up to 1961 the 110 was a fixed blade skinner....

Here is my older version. Very similar grinds but the older version is more hefty and is only longer by 1/4". Also is a picture of the 1948 ad with this style knives.
My older one is 8-1/8" overall length. I am guessing it is a 113

The new 212 is closer to the old 112.

7QQoUFr.jpg

DPJnu8d.jpg

You only enjoy beer once. A nice knife will last a lifetime. Lol.

Welcome to the forum Stuffer. You came to the right place for “help” with your addiction.

I really love this size blade. Just wish it was a little more"pointy", like the yellow horse version pictured a few pages back. I'll still probably get one with the idea of modding the blade ,but chickening out for fear of ruining it, and just use it as is.

I’m all for modifying knives to personal taste. But I doubt you’ll be disappointed with the pointy ness of the factory 212.

I’m not sure what that stunning David yellow horse started out as. But I don’t think it was a 212. Maybe a 103?

It looks like a baby 124 ironically it is post number 124 in this thread.

Back