22inch Ganga Ram

Who has one? Finally getting my own next week and would love to see some pictures!

The Ganga Ram is what brought me to H.I. after reading "Monster Hunter International"

I hear ya loudly Forsaken82! Ive been wanting one as well but they are very rare for some reason. I had to finally settle with a 20" AK but I really did want some more weight and the 22" GRS would have done the job im thinking. I still use my big AK's and love them but I still dream about a Magnum 25" AK or 22" GRS! Good luck to ya and please do post some pics and review if your able. Im not familiar with what "Monster Hunter International" is but sounds like fun already! Thanks for posting!

Closest I can come is this 20" 45 oz GRS by Purna kami that I got from the BigBore577 collection after he passed away.

That's about as much weight as I'd want to wield with one hand. I would expect a 22" GRS to be a lot heavier.

GRS20in-Purna45oz-01cr.JPG

Try going to the HI archives forum on this board and searching “Ganga Ram”. Then go to the oldest search results first. You will find things like this thread.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ancient-kami-and-the-magical-khukuri.125529/

Some of the pictures may be gone but you can get a lot of the story. I have some pictures of old Ganga and his work but I am not where I can access them at the moment. If you really feel like digging there are some posts by Bill in the archives predating the earliest mention of Ganga Ram, when he had heard of the legend and rumors and was tracking them down.

I've got a 21" Ganga Ram I bought, I dunno, in 2002. A huge storm knocked over several trees at my mom's house. I cut my way out of the driveway with a 25" Kobra I had just bought that was in my trunk so that I could get back to my apartment. For the clean up, I emailed Uncle Bill about a giant chopper. He sent me the khuk I would go on to dub "Uber" (well before the ride share service:D)

It's a monster. The weight alone would blast through 8" limbs. The only thing I had to modify was they grip diameter was set up for a guy with xxl gloves.

I could see why a big monster slaying dude like Owen Pitt would use one to good effect;)

Great book series and universe. However, I really only enjoy the ones Larry has written.

I have been going through the pages my search brought up and reading for a while. Sadly most of the pictures are gone. I wish i could say i lived a life where i needed it more than just wanted it but for now im stuck where i am.

Busy out here in Reno will post pic as soon as I get some free time, stay tuned

V4ZrB3K.jpg

I hear ya loudly Forsaken82! Ive been wanting one as well but they are very rare for some reason. I had to finally settle with a 20" AK but I really did want some more weight and the 22" GRS would have done the job im thinking. I still use my big AK's and love them but I still dream about a Magnum 25" AK or 22" GRS! Good luck to ya and please do post some pics and review if your able. Im not familiar with what "Monster Hunter International" is but sounds like fun already! Thanks for posting!

Its a great series about basically a group of mercs who hunt all kinds of monsters. The gov pays the bounty. Great series, i may have the epubs floating around if you want to check it out.

I had an early 22 ganga ram that weighed in the mid 60s oz. So right around 4 pounds or so.

I'm a big guy and for me for ultra heavy choppers 32-38oz is the sweet spot.

Try going to the HI archives forum on this board and searching “Ganga Ram”. Then go to the oldest search results first. You will find things like this thread.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ancient-kami-and-the-magical-khukuri.125529/

Some of the pictures may be gone but you can get a lot of the story. I have some pictures of old Ganga and his work but I am not where I can access them at the moment. If you really feel like digging there are some posts by Bill in the archives predating the earliest mention of Ganga Ram, when he had heard of the legend and rumors and was tracking them down.
That was a great read. Thanks for posting. I wonder if Collin became a Dr.

Back