Recommendation? 3´´ flipper under 50$

hello

I am looking for a small flipper for light urban edc tasks.

I would like something:
- blade length 3 inches max
- liner lock is prefered
- good flipping action
- light weight
- lanyard hole if possible
- don’t care of pocket clip for this one
- blade shape: standard, drop point or clip point
- in the range of 50$, best if under 50$
- don’t care much about steel as much as it can cut properly

I tried a Skyline, but I have been disappointed by the handle ergonomics and IMO the cost is high for what it is

The cutjack is really good pick, but I am looking for somethings nag little less “tactical” for n the look

More Kershaws than you can shake a stick at for under $50.

You can get a Ken Onion designed (1670) for under $50 for a blem (I've got 2) or for about $55 for a non-blem. If that's too much for you, you can get a Natrix (7007) for $35; it's super light and very sharp. I own one of each, both are highly rated and both make excellent EDCs.

Buck small vantage

Everything except great flipping action but its workable.

Steel Will.

Not a fan of choils so I went with the Mini-Intrigue first. My favorite is the Modus. The Mini-Intrigue sees EDC time at my job as it is slim & smaller. The flipping action is ok, and there were a few sharp edges on the flipper tab I softened with some fine grit sandpaper. Still, it's a darn good knife for the money. The Modus is my favorite as the ergonomics feel great in my hand. The wider blade combined with the flat grind make it a real slicer too.

Check out BladeHQ's new Kershaw Cryo. 35 bucks, 2.75" blade and it's in D2 instead of the regular 8cr13mov. It's assisted, but if that's not your thing its pretty easy to convert it to a manual.

hello

I am looking for a small flipper for light urban edc tasks.

I would like something:
- blade length 3 inches max
- liner lock is prefered
- good flipping action
- light weight
- lanyard hole if possible
- don’t care of pocket clip for this one
- blade shape: standard, drop point or clip point
- in the range of 50$, best if under 50$
- don’t care much about steel as much as it can cut properly

I tried a Skyline, but I have been disappointed by the handle ergonomics and IMO the cost is high for what it is
I considered a Kershaw Skyline. (US made) I wound up going for the less expensive Chill model.

I've been thinking of replacing it with a Spyderco flipper, but they cost 6x as much. (They're not THAT much nicer!)

Anyone has tested a bestech thorn or beluga?
I don't have either of those, but I do have a Lion which I think would be similar but larger. Great action, just feels heavier than I would prefer. And China D2

Check out the Kershaw Natrix, Lightweight non assisted slim flipper with Kvt ball bearings and a sturdy but thin drop point blade for $30 bucks at BHQ or an Ontario RAT 2 liner lock for $28 bucks at BHQ. It has most of the some specs plus it's tip up or down carry and it has the lanyard hole you were looking for. Hope that's of some help to you. :poop: I almost forgot to mention the SOG AEGIS FL ! It's my GO TO EDC work knife, You can pick one up for $20 bucks at Wallymart. This blade is an honest to goodness sleeper. It's all steel so it has a bit of heft to it but feels great in my medium sized hand and has a sturdy tip up right hand deep pocket clip. It's a much better slicer and flipper compared to the other two IMO. No lanyard hole but I see room to drill one looking at mine.
MHNdp7R.jpg

Back