3 avail machetes

Told you I wouldn't sweat it yet....but that is the longest I've ever seen priority mail take to travel such a short distance :confused:

Pics later, just wanted to relieve the tension :)

This thing is beautiful, now to buy some leather, I need to make a little pouch for some things I made and am making anyway. I made an antler bearing block, and antler crown feiresteel handle yesterday that I need to order another rod for too.

Received the two machettes in the mail today Andy, they're awesome! Too bad I have to give the one to Biggs..l. I'll probably try picking one up in that size or the 12 when you get more in. Thanks again and I'll try to get some picks of the aftermath with mine! Trevor~

Very cool. I love hearing that y'all like them.

What's not to like?!

Here are a few pics...

and there is a thread here...

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769709 :)

DSC_2305.jpg

DSC_2308.jpg

DSC_2320.jpg

Indeed I am waiting another round of samples, which I'm inclined to accept even if they've got problems. I'm dying to start getting these out there en masse.

This thing is fantastic bro, best machete I've ever used.

I'm loving everything about it, even with the miffed grind :thumbup:

Is that a 12 incher? Where have I been?! Man, I can't wait to get those! Great pics!

Pics!!! What have you done with them?????

So far I've cleared a section of riding trails at the stable my lady and I have our horse at (sorry--no pics) and went on a little excursion in my usual stomping grounds. I'll try to upload pics soon! Life has been pretty crazy what with college starting up again and an almost-5-month-old. :)

So far I've cleared a section of riding trails at the stable my lady and I have our horse at (sorry--no pics) and went on a little excursion in my usual stomping grounds. I'll try to upload pics soon! Life has been pretty crazy what with college starting up again and an almost-5-month-old. :)

Yeah yeah...pics or it didn't happen!

:p

I've got the pics on my computer now--just got to upload them to photobucket when I get a free moment. It'll be either this evening or tomorrow. :)

Ok--here are the pics that I have for now. When I went out it was a sweltering day and the sun was starting to go down so the lighting in the woods was insufficient for pictures. :eek:

CIMG8142.jpg

CIMG8143.jpg

CIMG8144.jpg

CIMG8145.jpg

CIMG8146.jpg

16" neutral grip:
CIMG8147.jpg

18" chopping and detail grips:
CIMG8148.jpg

CIMG8149.jpg

CIMG8162.jpg

CIMG8163.jpg

CIMG8165.jpg

I whittled away at the branch with the base of the machete, cutting completely through on the final cut. It was like butter! :D

These are the only machetes I've felt compelled to get sheaths made for (albeit simple ones--I don't need anything fancy!) It'll still be a while though--all my available spending money is currently sunk into some prototyping work. :p

I whittled away at the branch with the base of the machete, cutting completely through on the final cut. It was like butter! :D

These are the only machetes I've felt compelled to get sheaths made for (albeit simple ones--I don't need anything fancy!) It'll still be a while though--all my available spending money is currently sunk into some prototyping work. :p

I hear ya, I wish I could afford to have Tal make a sheath for mine but for now I am just making my own out of some scrap leather. It's thin but if I like how it turns out I'll go buy some thicker leather and make another one.

I think I'm going to make patterns and get practiced with those copper rivets and offer leather sheaths for them. Rough fast sheaths, but still, something. They'd be expensive due to the amt of leather though.

andy i seriously need one of the 16 inchers. let me know when you get the next batch in. i was gonna go for the esee but i love your work. they look awesome. the handles are whats really doing it on top of the great grinds. i could also probably take a 12 and 18 lol damn this forum always taking my money

Last edited:
andy i seriously need one of the 16 inchers. let me know when you get the next batch in. i was gonna go for the esee but i love your work. they look awesome. the handles are whats really doing it on top of the great grinds. i could also probably take a 12 and 18 lol damn this forum always taking my money

Lol, I read somewhere here if you buy three you get the fourth free.

The 12 incher is freakin awesome!

Back