1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3 paring knives

Discussion in 'For Sale: Kitchen Knives' started by KirbyKnives, Oct 15, 2020.

1. KirbyKnives

KirbyKnives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2019
    I just finished up 3 more paring knives that I'd like to offer for sale.
    Although not all are exact they are all roughly 7.25-7.5 inches overall with 3.25 inch blades
    All are made from .040" stock but by the time they are done are usually around .030" in thickness give or take.

Option 1 Asking $50, is made from 26C3 carbon steel with a targeted hardness of 63 HRC with stabilized leopard wood scales. (I did come across a worm hole as seen in picture but is filled with epoxy)

Option 2 & 3 (both SOLD) are both made from AEB-L stainless heat treated targeting 62 HRC including LN2 cryo treatment. They both have scales made from stabilized ambrosia maple.

Asking $60 each which includes shipping to the US.

I can accept PayPal at [email protected] or check (held until cleared before shipping)

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0453.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Wurrwulf and Bmurray like this.
  2. bwlacey

bwlacey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 12, 2013
    #2 please. (I'd like to try the AEB-L) Thanks

3. KirbyKnives

KirbyKnives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 31, 2019
    All yours, Thank you again!

4. scarysamcary

scarysamcary Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 28, 2020
    The best dang paring knife you will ever own!

5. scarysamcary

scarysamcary Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 28, 2020
    #3 I'll take it!

I think this makes my 4th blade from you out of only 5 forum purchases. That should let you know how much I am loving your work.

6. KirbyKnives

Dec 31, 2019
    Thank you much Sam! #3 is all yours.

scarysamcary likes this.
  7. woodysone

woodysone Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Agreed, these remind of mom’s old hickory paring knife only better. Hope to see more of your work, have to ask: is this your full time job?

8. KirbyKnives

Dec 31, 2019
    I wish it were my full time job but it's just a hobby in between my real job. I started about 2 1/2 yrs ago after my grandfather gave me an old hand cranked coal forge. That's still the only forge I have, but obviously a lot of the blades I make are stock removal also.

scarysamcary and woodysone like this.