$.30 Apple vs. Zt562cf

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Jurgs18, Mar 25, 2017.

1. LG&M

LG&M

Dec 19, 2005
    In on 1:thumbup:
    When I get a new folder I soak it over night in a solution of apple juice & unicorn tears. The next day I flip it 2000 times, spine wack it & baton it through a rock. You have to show it who's boss.

2. byukid

byukid

Feb 26, 2017
    I'm genuinely concerned for OP. I have been having apple juice with my knives for years and somehow have managed to never spill apple juice on my knife.

My suggestion: use a sippy cup. Pretty difficult to spill. Works for my kid.

3. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Now THAT'S what I'm talkin about!!!!

4. crom

crom

Mar 29, 2007
    Apple juice is acidic, not to mention it's got sugar in it so it will gum up and get sticky.

5. Jurgs18

Jurgs18

Nov 17, 2014
    So much emphasis is put on blade steel, f&f, "durability", and I thought it was interesting how a knife that ranks so high in each of these categories was diminished so significantly by Apple juice.

Also, it never ceases to amaze me how negative and demeaning some of the posts are here.

There is lots to be said about digital citizenry. In the context of this thread I don't think I know any of you on a personal level, and my op was not demeaning or disrespectful. If anything it was self depreciating. Yet here we 24 posts in with skippy cup spin whacking comments and other passive aggressive invective.

6. jpm2

jpm2

Nov 19, 2014
    I put dish soap on the pivot, work it in, rinse it out.
    Sometimes just holding it under running water and working the pivot takes care of it.

7. Ashleyx3

Ashleyx3

Mar 26, 2017
    Source? I'm intrigued.

8. BrandoSpoke

BrandoSpoke

Mar 14, 2017
    The post was deleted but it was on General Knife Discussion called "Tanto Blades suck" or something like that and the guy was complaining that he cut himself while cutting a banana b/c of the tanto blade on his knife and that the blade was too "over powered" or something like that. The replies were gold

EDIT: it is still there. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1480093-Tanto-Blades-Suck-with-Example

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  9. SaltyVeteran

SaltyVeteran Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2017