• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

30 Days Short of 3 Years.. The Long Wait

Completely understand, after 3 years waiting for 1 knife, seems like a sound decision for sure. I grabbed the handfull I wanted (waited at most 120 days from Survive or on the market), sold off a bunch and finally kept 2 4.7 UB in Cru-V as the best example of the brand.

Just for humor, here is a list of all the iPhones released in the same time period (million times more complex than 4.1). 3 years is a really long time.

iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus were introduced in 2015
iPhone SE in 2016
iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X

Admittedly my expectations were a bit high as lots of people have used the terms like "flawless" and "perfect" when describing these knives. The Gen 1 4.1 I have is a factory second that I acquired in the for sale section of Blade Forums while waiting on this 4.1. The factory second does not have any of the tool marks exhibited in the Gen 2 4.1 I received. All in all it really does not matter as I will be using this knife like I do my others. No Safe Queens in my collection.

Hub

Those spine marks look like some sort of ghosting from whatever they laid on during blasting. If it was a 'tool mark' it would be all down the spine and probably on the belly side of the handle as well.

The 2 pictures show the top spine of the knife and the belly of the knife.. those are not shading or ghosting as they are easily felt with my finger and the belly one can be caught with a fingernail...

Hub

I got my original 7/7 around the time you joined. This was when they were still in PA. Been watching the company ever since and hoping for them to get on track. The company has not changed in any positive way since, yet they keep telling us they are and/or will. So I guess you could say I'm here as moral support :thumbsup:

When I joined, I already had 2x 5.1, one of them numbered, a GSO 6 and a GSO 10. I was following S!K before I knew Bladeforums existed; actually, I joined Bladeforums just to follow the S!K subforum and, for a few years, this is the only place I visited...

Completely understand, after 3 years waiting for 1 knife, seems like a sound decision for sure. I grabbed the handfull I wanted (waited at most 120 days from Survive or on the market), sold off a bunch and finally kept 2 4.7 UB in Cru-V as the best example of the brand.

Just for humor, here is a list of all the iPhones released in the same time period (million times more complex than 4.1). 3 years is a really long time.

iPhone SE in 2016
iPhone X

Maybe Apple should've waited to make a decent phone? ;) not really a joke - 'you're holding it wrong :('

That aside, how do you compare one of the largest (maybe THE largest) corporation in the world to a family business? Is that fair? Maybe S!K should start making knives in China, where people jump out the window?

Last edited:
For the record, I'm not defending S!K's business 'model'. They bit a whole lot more than they could chew and they over-promised and under-delivered (understatement). I did participate in Starter, Pre-order, Pre-sale and weekly (Fact2nds) sales. I received most of my orders.
Fun fact: I received my 4.1 F2 ordered in 2017 but still waiting for my 4.1 F1 ordered in 2015. I'm a bit upset that the F2 was delivered (very) late as it had that 90 days delivery on it. Have nothing to comment on the 4.1 F1 as I knew there could be years when I ordered it.
That being said, I do hope, like most people here, that they can dig themselves out of the hole and pull through. Until I hear that they failed to deliver a knife or issue a refund to a customer, I'll prob continue to support them.
Hope you have a wonderful day, y'all!

iPhone SE in 2016
iPhone X

That is an absolutely ridiculous comparison. Apple has thousands of employees and outsources their labor to China. Which are manufactured with slave labor. Then sold back to you at a 10,000% mark up.

And yet, if they offered more presales on any of their knives they would find buyers, and if they offered an ugly I'd be tempted myself. ;)
I recently bought a LT Wright and the fit and finish is a lot rougher than any comparably priced Survive ugly.
Of course the LT Wright shipped the same day that it was ordered. :D

Last edited:
And yet, if they offered more presales on any of their knives they would find buyers, and if they offered an ugly I'd be tempted myself. ;)
I recent bought a LT Wright and the fit and finish is a lot rougher than any comparably priced Survive ugly.
Of course the LT Wright shipped the same day that it was ordered. :D

This is true without a doubt. They have a following that don't care how long or how many years it takes and have said so. BTW, did you know a growing number of knifemakers are now using kickstarter?

We are on last minute packing, I just jumped on the computer quickly while Guy works on dinner so I haven't had a chance to read all the way through this. I just wanted to quickly say that we are happy to take returns, for a full refund, if anyone is unhappy with their knife. We are driving all day tomorrow and unpacking the day after that but I will be sure to swing back around to this in the next few days.

Send it back for a full refund? Are you kidding me!? I waited 3 years to get this knife, there is NO WAY I will send it back for a refund... If it was about the money I would asked for refund long ago. Only way I would send a knife back to Survive is if they give me a knife to my exact order specifications, and then I want it shipped to me BEFORE I send my knife back... Played that pay and wait game for 3 years and would never allow that to happen again.

Good luck with your move.

Hub

I share in your experience with jacked up factory 1sts while many rave about their flawless 2nds.

I cancelled my three year old GSO orders, and all my S!K orders for that matter.

I wanted knives knives knives and got lies lies lies.

Did you know O2W over at Busse is up and running and has been going very well? In other words, people are getting their knives in months.

Miller Bros. Four were available last night in a Floridian desert; keep an eye out as they can be tricky to spot.

ETA: Gollik
The Huntsman Co.
FF
Becker
ESEE
Plus a lot of other great makers here at the forums that can make you that style knife. I have no hard feelings toward S!K -- I hope they can get it together, but I wouldn't send them anymore of my money (because you don't get anything in return until you ask for your money back years later lol). Good on them for honoring the refunds on ancient orders; I'm currently dealing with makers who do not.

Good luck to you.

Send it back for a full refund? Are you kidding me!? I waited 3 years to get this knife, there is NO WAY I will send it back for a refund... If it was about the money I would asked for refund long ago. Only way I would send a knife back to Survive is if they give me a knife to my exact order specifications, and then I want it shipped to me BEFORE I send my knife back... Played that pay and wait game for 3 years and would never allow that to happen again.

Good luck with your move.

Hub

"if anyone is unhappy with their knife" -Ellie
You clearly aren't happy, you have been complaining since you received it. That's what she is referring to. "they give me a knife to my exact order specifications"... didn't the knife arrive exactly how you ordered it? I don't think anything would have satisfied you. I will gladly pay you what you paid for the knife...simply to make you go away. Stop whining like a child.

I share in your experience with jacked up factory 1sts while many rave about their flawless 2nds.

I cancelled my three year old GSO orders, and all my S!K orders for that matter.

I wanted knives knives knives and got lies lies lies.

Did you know O2W over at Busse is up and running and has been going very well? In other words, people are getting their knives in months.

Miller Bros. Four were available last night in a Floridian desert; keep an eye out as they can be tricky to spot.

ETA: Gollik
The Huntsman Co.
FF
Becker
ESEE
Plus a lot of other great makers here at the forums that can make you that style knife. I have no hard feelings toward S!K -- I hope they can get it together, but I wouldn't send them anymore of my money (because you don't get anything in return until you ask for your money back years later lol). Good on them for honoring the refunds on ancient orders; I'm currently dealing with makers who do not.

Good luck to you.

"I have no hard feelings toward S!K" then why post this in an open thread? A private message would have be more appropriate.

"I have no hard feelings toward S!K" then why post this in an open thread? A private message would have be more appropriate.
You're amped up. Common here at BF. Readin into it too much. My post was very relevant to the knives, and it's the exact type of open discussion needed in the forums. Not secret coves and hidden, scared messages. :)

I'll cut your GSO in half with my M-29. ;)

Just out of curiosity how much did that M-29 set you back? ;)
Just saying the value on these GSO pre-orders is pretty hard to beat.

You're amped up. Common here at BF. Readin into it too much. My post was very relevant to the knives, and it's the exact type of open discussion needed in the forums. Not secret coves and hidden, scared messages. :)

I'll cut your GSO in half with my M-29. ;)
Amped up, no. Annoyed by all the passive aggressive beta males on bladeforums, yes. I guess we’ll agree to disagree on what’s appropriate in a knife brands sub forum.
I enjoy other brands as well, but you’ll never catch me bashing or putting down another company. I move on, why stress out or complain about something that you have zero ability to change? If I have an issue with a business I contact them directly to resolve the problem.

Last edited:
You would have to be full blown NUTS to just give it back for a 1:1 refund after 3 years with nothing to show when you could easily sell it on the open market for a very handsome profit.

"if anyone is unhappy with their knife" -Ellie
You clearly aren't happy, you have been complaining since you received it. That's what she is referring to. "they give me a knife to my exact order specifications"... didn't the knife arrive exactly how you ordered it? I don't think anything would have satisfied you. I will gladly pay you what you paid for the knife...simply to make you go away. Stop whining like a child.

You're funny.. I like the way you try to bully people on the internet, call them names and act all bad-a$$ like your money means anything to anyone..

Hub

Amped up, no. Annoyed by all the passive aggressive beta males on bladeforums, yes. I guess we’ll agree to disagree on what’s appropriate in a knife brands sub forum.

Stating that it is unacceptable for a company to take your money and never provide ETA and then deliver the product 3 years later with some flaws = "passive aggressive beta males on bladeforums".

WOW. Just wow!

...why stress out or complain about something that you have zero ability to change? If I have an issue with a business I contact them directly to resolve the problem.

"zero ability to change"?! You are basically saying that S!K will completely ignore all these complains and keep delivering their knives 3 years later and we are supposed to consider this as normal and acceptable? I disagree. S!K have been very honest and apologetic about this issue and they stated many times that they are seeking ways to reduce the waiting time. Which is admirable and I give them credit for that. We do actually have the power to change things! And we do that by voicing our thoughts and sharing our views on a public forum. Moving on, suck it up and not saying/doing anything is a what I would call "beta male". And why the people who are not satisfied should keep it down and private? Why only positive feedback is allowed? Why only posts that fit with your agenda should be allowed? Why you bother arguing with people who are not satisfied by S!K service and calmly share their thoughts without calling anyone names like you did? To use your own words: "move on, why stress out or complain about something that you have zero ability to change". Because, unlike us you are the one dealing with something you have zero ability to change - the way people feel about their orders.

Back