334 Large Trapper vs 317

Pulled out my Craftsman 95026, I can say pretty certainly there is no sign on any of the bolsters of a through-pin. I’d say Schrade made the Craftsman Outdoorsman using their Swindon Key assembly. OH
Does your craftsman have stainless steel blades and carbon backsprings as well?

QLmfpCR.jpeg

This is the best picture I have of this Craftsman and its definitely almost positive these were made by Schrade. This one I have is odd the blades are stainless but the backsprings are not. Are the other ones similar?
the Buck 317 made by camillus has a carbon back spring. reason I know for sure is I bought a rusted up badly one. not the blades so much. was able to clean up the blades, but backspring not really.

Does your craftsman have stainless steel blades and carbon backsprings as well?
Yes, my Craftsman Outdoorsman does have stainless steel (etched A.C.A.) blades but the knife also has carbon backsprings. I'm guessing that is because it was easier to temper the backsprings so they wouldn't be as prone to breaking (this is a SWAG on my part). All of my Buck 300 series knives made by Camillus are built that way too. I found some beautiful Buck 300 series at a junk shop once and was about to buy when I noticed the backsprings were deeply etched by rust - guess they had been sitting in moisture for years. I passed because it was too deep to clean, stainless would have mitigated that damage. OH

Back