#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

When did GEC stop doing SFO's? I haven't been around for a while.

It's been a new development. The 23 SFO's are close to the last. We have heard a few more already promised will still be made.

No real explanation from GEC so much conjecture has been written around here ;) ....... this also means all the barlows and northwoods are done as well(rumor one more NW drop).

It's been a new development. The 23 SFO's are close to the last. We have heard a few more already promised will still be made.

No real explanation from GEC so much conjecture has been written around here ;) ....... this also means all the barlows and northwoods are done as well(rumor one more NW drop).
Thanks, that is kind of a shocker to hear.

Quirky, they don't like making knives with SS blades because... tradition...and then they make a knife with a beard comb...scratch head???
I thought everyone had an old traditional knife laying around with the classic beard refuse removal blade. :D

I was thinking the same thing regarding the lambsfoot blade. It sounds like it took years to convince GEC to do that because it was not a tradional American pattern, and then we get this. But, as I said before, I like this one, so I don’t mind.

Thanks, that is kind of a shocker to hear.

Indeed, was for most of us I think. I keep hoping this means they will get more creative in their cover offerings like days of old, but, it's all just a guess or wishful thinking. Only time will tell how things shake out. Can read back about 30 pages in the talk gec thread to see a lot of comments on the subject.

Indeed, was for most of us I think. I keep hoping this means they will get more creative in their cover offerings like days of old, but, it's all just a guess or wishful thinking. Only time will tell how things shake out. Can read back about 30 pages in the talk gec thread to see a lot of comments on the subject.
I've been digging through the last 20 pages, trying the search function wasn't much help. Thanks for the replies.

Since this is a “bar tool” the comb is a strainer, the little horizontal tip rests on edge of olive jar, and you can pour off some “juice” to make a dirty martini without fear of olives falling into glass...you swirl “juice” around glass, pour excess back in olive jar...then using fork you stab an olive (or pearl onion)...rinse and repeat as necessary.

Since this is a “bar tool” the comb is a strainer, the little horizontal tip rests on edge of olive jar, and you can pour off some “juice” to make a dirty martini without fear of olives falling into glass...you swirl “juice” around glass, pour excess back in olive jar...then using fork you stab an olive (or pearl onion)...rinse and repeat as necessary.

Far better description :)

Oh I like that! Now that I look at it, that makes a lot of sense.

When did GEC stop doing SFO's? I haven't been around for a while.
GEC announced no more SFO knives last month . I know that Maher & Grosh is under contract , so they will have a GEC SFO made knife coming out soon. GEC and the GEC dealers took a big hit this year. GEC is working hard to make knives for its dealer base . The #23/23LL Trappers are selling well. I am expecting some really wonderful knives to be made in 2020/21. A #33 , #35 , maybe a #47 run , and maybe a #74 run are coming up soon. GEC is making knives to survive , so relax. The best is yet to come.

GEC announced no more SFO knives last month . I know that Maher & Grosh is under contract , so they will have a GEC SFO made knife coming out soon. GEC and the GEC dealers took a big hit this year. GEC is working hard to make knives for its dealer base . The #23/23LL Trappers are selling well. I am expecting some really wonderful knives to be made in 2020/21. A #33 , #35 , maybe a #47 run , and maybe a #74 run are coming up soon. GEC is making knives to survive , so relax. The best is yet to come.
So there is one more Maher & Grosh run to come?

I like this. That comb/cake cutter/dog groomer/olive strainer is really going to get a patina quickly straining olive vinegar. It might even flavor that dirty martini a bit. Whether that's good or bad depends on your taste in carbon steel ...

I like this. That comb/cake cutter/dog groomer/olive strainer is really going to get a patina quickly straining olive vinegar. It might even flavor that dirty martini a bit. Whether that's good or bad depends on your taste in carbon steel ...
I like my martinis squeaky clean. Well, I do use an olive, but I shake the excess liquid off. The comb is cool, though. :cool::thumbsup:

It would also work for the Jalatinis I make.
EXLyeV2.jpg

So there is one more Maher & Grosh run to come?
It was posted somewhere that they had one M & G to make as agreed upon. I can't recall where I saw it (here or FB) but it seemed to be from a reliable source if I do recall.

Back