#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

So there is one more Maher & Grosh run to come?
Yes sir ! I was on "All About Pocket Knives" Forum talking about no more SFO knives. "Maher & Grosh" popped up and they said , "That they had an order coming up this year". Who knows what that one will be ???? (edit) Taking a guess #33 Conductor or a #35 knife. I doubt it will be a #23 , #47 , or a #74. Aint no way their #35 would have a comb on it. Baw-ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha ! Ha !

Last edited:
I think the M&G will be this (info from that other knife forum) ...

9xCz7rs.jpg

If true, I will try for at least one depending on the covers. The original cover choices sound awesome to me!

Last edited:
At first I thought it was a joke. Then i hated it. Looked at it some more. Now I like it, but I prefer no comb as it’s just too silly.
I would prefer a 35 with a traditional cap lifter. But I’ll take it. It’s the beer scouts weird cousin.

The comb is made from the same steel as they use on the liner locks.

You know, if the blade and the comb share a pivot, you could open both and have a poor facsimile of that do-it-yourself hair trimmer they used to advertise in TV back in the early '70s ...

My father bought a tool like that to cut our hair at home and "save money." Trust me, it's worth it to pay the barber so that you don't have to go to school with a hair style by Lizzie Borden.

My father bought a tool like that to cut our hair at home and "save money." Trust me, it's worth it to pay the barber so that you don't have to go to school with a hair style by Lizzie Borden.
I've been cutting my own hair for the past few months, and I don't think it looks bad. At least it looks good from the front, which is all that matters these days. ;)

I'm starting to kinda like the idea of a pocket comb knife. Is it any more disgusting than someone using a file blade to clean under their fingernails?

I hope to try to get one of these. I like the look of it and have wanted to get one with a cap lifter.

I'm kind of leaning "no" on this one....the comb is just a bit too hokey for me. Even if used as a strainer as I have suggested, I always make my cocktails at home and have a real bar strainer right at hand. I also haven't had a beard in over a dozen years, so the comb is just wasted metal for me. Furthermore, I've also never liked cap lifters where they are the secondary implement on the blade...like on a fish knife. On the various 15s, I think the crown lifter is primary to the screwdriver. On the B&S knives, the fork is primary to the crown lifter making the B&S more like a fish knife than a BSK. I'd rather just bite the bullet and get a full on, three piece hobo knife as I (along with some others here) use a knife simultaneously with my fork when I eat sausage.

I've been cutting my own hair for the past few months, and I don't think it looks bad. At least it looks good from the front, which is all that matters these days. ;)

I'm starting to kinda like the idea of a pocket comb knife. Is it any more disgusting than someone using a file blade to clean under their fingernails?
barbarians.... that's what a pen blade is made for......

barbarians.... that's what a pen blade is made for......
I keep seeing all this fuss about the comb and how "unsanitary" it is, and just keep wondering who doesn't clean their nails with their knife, and what they use instead?

Although I may not be in the accepted school of thought on things, because I also don't give a hoot whether I lube my knife joints with "food grade" oil, either. I honestly never even gave it a thought until seeing it here, but honestly, how wet do you leave your knife if you're worried about enough oil from the joint getting into your food to actually hurt you?

Back