35th Anniversary CISO-SF-SOG

No you cannot, no one can.
Gold Members can sell in the Knife Exchange Forum.
BTW, welcome to the Forums!
Rob

Thanks for the "welcome" and the info,,,,,,,,I guess I will be upgrading to Gold Member in order to sell..

My late husband was a collecter for over 40 years and,,,,,,,well,,,,,there r just too many knives to admire....

thanks again..

Mona,
The welcome is genuine!:D

I just need to be certain that there is no selling allowed on any of the forums apart from The Exchange. This is mandated by the Forums' owner, and we just need to respect and enforce it.

If you have questions on any of the blades, there are many VERY knowledgeable individuals on these Forums, and someone will have the answer you seek.

I apologize if I came across as harsh, I just intended to give you as clear an answer as I could.

You really are welcome here!:cool:
Rob

Yer a sweetheart,,,,no apology needed,,,I respect and admire a firm but gentle "scolding"...my problem is puter is down so I'm working off of WEBTV,,,and my screen is sooooo small I can't make out what's written in those tiny little boxes.....ya know.....the ones that say """read the rules FIRST dummy"""......
I am finding these forums more and more interesting,,,,,and "heart warming" as it is obvious to me that most of you know each other sooooo well,,,,it's like an extended family with smiles for "happy" times and tears for when one passes,,,,,,I like that,,,,,
I always knew "blade people"
were sharp....

Welcome Mona! :) Stick around and join in the fun. Sorry for your loss.:( What kinds of knives did he Collect?

Hi Mona, Welcome !!

It's implied by the title of this post that you a 35th Anniversary CISO-SF-SOG ??

With my own very limited knife knowledge I'm not really sure what that one is, but it sounds like something which would be quite wonderful in a display box kept at home and admired. Certainly to be kept in your family.
BobbyB, can you better explain this particular model for us ??

And I sure can't help but think that we'all here at the SOG Forum would be glad to "store" that particular knife at our own homes for a while, the idea being that it always remain owned by your family.

Cheers and Welcome,

Carl

Hello Mona, Welcome, Please stay awhile and keep us company, we would love to chat about SOGs with you, and like carl said, if you would like for someone to "STORE" that beautiful SOG for you,:D :p , I am sure there would be several volunteers that would do it for no charge !:p :) ;) Please join in with us often.
Robbie Roberson

Gents (and Mona),

The 35th anniversary CISO SF SOGs are not made by (nor affiliated with) SOG Specialty Knives, but are a tribute special issue set made under the direction of Ben Baker.

Some information is here, though I probably shouldn't post it... ;)

They look like REALLY cool knives.

Here is one sample, I love the deep finger grooves!:eek: :D

sog6.jpg

Hi Bobby,,,,that sample photo looks somewhat like the SOG I have except mine has five white bands around the grip and NO finger grips.......it's also numbered 109.
I'm probably using all the wrong terminology describing the various parts of a knife,,,,,you would think after 30 years with a knife collector,,,,,something would have rubbed off....

Originally posted by wildmanh
Welcome Mona! :) Stick around and join in the fun. Sorry for your loss.:( What kinds of knives did he Collect?

Thanks for your kind words Wild Man,,,,,,,,
he collected American Fighting Knives,,,,,all kinds, militaria stuff,,from 1800 on up,,,, Lots of Bowies by Sheffield/Wostenholm/fancy handles with animal heads,Cases,Camillus, Randalls, confederate stuff, Russell, Collins,Boker,KaBar,Bayonets,,,,and many,many,more......including a handful of miniatures and fruit knives Occassionally he would write articles for the knife mags that are still around

That's a beauty of a knife that Bobby posted... gotta love those finger grooves too !!
is the hilt "bent" or something, or is that normal ??

Mona
wow, what an incredible collection !! If you're planning to sell them then I reckon Bladeforums is a great place to start.

Cheers,

Carl

Originally posted by Mona
Hi Bobby,,,,that sample photo looks somewhat like the SOG I have except mine has five white bands around the grip and NO finger grips.......it's also numbered 109.
I'm probably using all the wrong terminology describing the various parts of a knife,,,,,you would think after 30 years with a knife collector,,,,,something would have rubbed off....

More like this, you mean???;)

I am going to get myself into trouble... :rolleyes:

sog7.jpg

Originally posted by Bobby B
More like this, you mean???;)

I am going to get myself into trouble... :rolleyes:

sog7.jpg

YUP,,,,,,,that's it,,,,EXACTLY....
SOOOOOOOOOgEE,,,,,What kinda trouble u gonna be in ???????? Hmmmmmmm????

I agree,,,,,she certainly is one beautiful looking knife,,,,,,and feels good in your hands too.

I'll be selling her off tho,,,,,as soon as I do the photo thing and register for Gold Membership,,,,and of course study up on what I can and can't sell,,,,,not too sure if a "cane sword" is considered a concealed weapon or not,,,,,but I'm sure someone here will let me know even before I get a chance to start.

OK,,,,gotta go check out the "custom" forum,,,,,

So what should I call you???? Mr. Hunter???? Piggy for short????,,,,NPH???

Back