3V Nessmuk - Official List

not too late - shoot me an email.

I got in 3 more blanks this morning. That will probably be all I'll get for now it seems....so I'm going to go ahead and move forward with the 6 1/4" thick Nessmuks I've got now and if more show up, great. If not, I'll already have these ready for heat-treat.

Thanks for your patience, guys!

These are BEEFY lil' rascals. I will probably need to full flat grind 'em (all the way to the top) just to make 'em usable. :foot:

Dan

If possible, I would like to have mine like the others on pictured your site. I have about 4 GCM nessies of yours and would like to keep things consistent. Sort of like this one (I have a 3/16" O1 like this) :

Nessmuk3VNMicarta3.jpg

I am pretty sure that I own this monster one that is pictured on your site now too:

MonsterNessieGrnMic092124.jpg

Not trying to be a pain. I just like the look a lot better.

I made the correction, amflud. :thumbup:

Tell you what, guys....I'll grind one out next week and have a look at it....maybe take some pics for you to see. Then I'll let you choose which grind you want. Again, my preference is to grind them all the way up...but I'll offer it either way. Just wait for the pics before deciding. Thanks!

Dan

Looking forward to the pics!!!

I just sharpened a 1/8" 3v scandi grind nessie and even though I'm not a big fan of scandi's it's currently the sharpest bade I have in my collection except for a Ramanon Forums Koster Mini Nessie Necker but that thing is only 0.100" thick. Man 3v is a bitch to mirror polish!

Hi Dan

Sent you an email couple of days ago about getting on interesrted list, am I to late? like to make a pair with the monster nessie i have on order.

Cheers
Matt

Nope - not too late. I'll add you to the Interested List.

Update: I have started grinding the first 6 blanks. These are THICK...!

Dan

Oh, heck no, do the grind the same as always with the little bit of flat at the top! SO much more character!

Ok - will do as soon as I get the grinds finished. :thumbup:

Dan

Sorry guys - I forgot to take pics....:(

BUT....the GOOD NEWS is that the first 6 blades are now in heat-treat. Wahoo!!!

I finished up the grinding a couple days back and boxed them up with a BUNCH of other blanks (all CPM 3V) and send them off for heat-treat.

Great feeling to finally get these rolling.

LONG overdue!!!

Now that I have had a chance to flat-grind them and look at 'em...and think about the grinds....I think they'll be ok with some flats up top. I'm going to leave them that way (that's how I ground them prior to heat-treat). If anyone wants it differently (ground all the way to the top) be sure to let me know.

Thanks for your patience!!

Dan

Heat-treat takes a few weeks....I'll be sure to let you guys know as soon as they are back in.

:thumbup:

Dan

Please put me on the official list. I decided on the 1/4 inch Nessmuk. I sent you details in an email and deposit by Paypal. These look like great knives! Can't wait.

Thanks

Back