5-3/8" Rough Rider Folding Swell Center Hunter
bigun.jpg

4-3/8" Moore Maker Stockman
IMG_0071-4.jpg

5" File & Wire Daddy Barlow
DaddyBarlow1.jpg

4-1/2" File & Wire modified English Jack
IMG_0626.jpg

Very nice Jeff! That RR is the size of an S&M I am looking at. 5 3/8 is huge but I am sure it would stand up nicely next to my wallet.

SMML041005.JPG

Very nice Jeff! That RR is the size of an S&M I am looking at. 5 3/8 is huge but I am sure it would stand up nicely next to my wallet.

View attachment 329631

That one is a great looking knife! It tempts me all the time!

The modified English Jack posted by black mamba grabs my eye every single time I see it.

I have a S&M file and wire grandady barlow that I love dearly! I got one for my dad for Christmas this year, because he liked mine so much.

IMG_4308.jpg

IMG_4294.jpg

IMAG0637.jpg

IMAG0640.jpg

This one just came today. Custom from J. Oeser. 4.5 inch frame.

IMAG1122.jpg

IMAG1116.jpg

You two have been killing me with the grandaddy barlow. Its at the top of my list for sure. Funny you post one of Jareds knives(and a marvel at that), been eyeing his barlow design. My first Oeser will be finished soon but its smaller then 4". The Barlow may be my second with this pic being the carrot dangling out in front of me. I love how that wharnie tucks into the handle, such clean lines. I may steal the orange stripe, a great accent. Love that sheath as well, congrats.

The barlow :D
P1010470.jpg

Well, I'd say many here consider the 110 to fit in the traditional category. When I carry it, I use this horizontal sheath.
Buck110002_zps18abcb01-1_zps2ac5b5aa.jpg

I also used to have this Queen Mountain Man which was the prize for a previous giveaway. I carried it in my front pocket without any problem when I did use it. Lately I've been trending toward larger knives and have been thinking about picking up another one to replace it.
dscf0441.jpg

dscf0443.jpg

GEC #23
IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

GEC #45 Lumberjacks
IMG_2358.jpg

GEC #65 Hogans
IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

And my biggest, Remington R1273B Bullet Banana Bone Jack '06. 5 ¼” closed, 4 ¼” main blade with the pen just over 3”.
IMG_1198.jpg

Nice Trand! I really like the 3rd #23 you posted. The combo of ebony with the lanyard hole is pretty much perfect. The blade shape is growing on me but I am more of a fan of drop points/clips. Nice collection as always, love that camel 65 :)

Thanks Jeff. The 2 blade #23s are beasts but the single blade ones make great work knives. Also, in my experience, the pulls on the ones with the lanyard holes aren't nail breakers like the 2 blade models can be.

The smallest one in this bunch is the Schatt & Morgan lockback (Thanks again Jeff/Black Mamba!) at 4.5 inches closed.

img3428h.jpg

img3432gz.jpg

img3438t.jpg

Last edited:
How about a Colonial Master Barlow (5" closed) with some regular sized friends?

DSC_0025_zps6ae2bef1.jpg

Some of my big favorites:

5-3/8" Rough Rider Folding Swell Center Hunter
bigun.jpg

4-3/8" Moore Maker Stockman
IMG_0071-4.jpg

5" File & Wire Daddy Barlow
DaddyBarlow1.jpg

4-1/2" File & Wire modified English Jack
IMG_0626.jpg

Really like that modified English Jack, are they still available? I can't find one that exact pattern, have a link?

Really like that modified English Jack, are they still available? I can't find one that exact pattern, have a link?

I asked him the same thing the first time I saw it. It is not a regular pattern. That Warnclif was originally a spear point blade that he had ground to warncliff shape by a custom maker!

Though, I forget the maker right now.

Yep, Don Hanson III did the regrind. Here is what the original looked like.

HansonBefore.jpg

It did have a very sexy spear blade, but is so much more useful now with the Wharncliffe.

You two have been killing me with the grandaddy barlow. Its at the top of my list for sure. Funny you post one of Jareds knives(and a marvel at that), been eyeing his barlow design. My first Oeser will be finished soon but its smaller then 4". The Barlow may be my second with this pic being the carrot dangling out in front of me. I love how that wharnie tucks into the handle, such clean lines. I may steal the orange stripe, a great accent. Love that sheath as well, congrats.

The barlow :D
View attachment 329649

Indeed, my first idea was a grandad barlow with the same blades as the gunstock. Then, I changed my mind and he drew up the large gunstock for me.

What do you have coming? I try and stop by Jared's place every time I go down to visit my inlaws. Gives me a chance to chicken eye and coon finger everything he has in the works. His electrician pattern was in the works when I was down. He also had an original in ebony as a pattern.

The ebony was probably mine. I am thinking of going to all micarta. Still in the air right now. Its Jareds take on the moose pattern and it fits my needs perfectly. I think one of the blades changed shapes since you saw it last ;). Its really the reason I started this thread. When I have it in my front pocket I want something a little bigger for my back pocket, something I dont mind others using.

Indeed, my first idea was a grandad barlow with the same blades as the gunstock. Then, I changed my mind and he drew up the large gunstock for me.

What do you have coming? I try and stop by Jared's place every time I go down to visit my inlaws. Gives me a chance to chicken eye and coon finger everything he has in the works. His electrician pattern was in the works when I was down. He also had an original in ebony as a pattern.

Back