4.1 thread

So, I'm confused. I thought the 4.7 was ahead of the 4.1? Why is there suddenly all this talk of the 4.1? I think one said the sheaths were being made. I took that as implying that the knives were practically done, waiting on sheathes. But the 4.7 isn't showing up in mailboxes. Or at least it seems not many mailboxes, or I would expect to read more on here of them being received. I was being patient for the 4.7, but when I start seeing this much chatter and scenes of new spec 4.1's, in wondering where my 3V and CruForge 4.7's are!

Can we change handle option to the new textured G10? I actually have two on preorder[emoji41]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
You can request the change, but it may come at the expense of your own order slowing down and eating up time to change things around for you in the shop. It might be less of a problem now since the 4.1 is a little ways out, but you could also just order extra handle scales to your liking instead of switching the order.

So, I'm confused. I thought the 4.7 was ahead of the 4.1? Why is there suddenly all this talk of the 4.1? I think one said the sheaths were being made. I took that as implying that the knives were practically done, waiting on sheathes. But the 4.7 isn't showing up in mailboxes. Or at least it seems not many mailboxes, or I would expect to read more on here of them being received. I was being patient for the 4.7, but when I start seeing this much chatter and scenes of new spec 4.1's, in wondering where my 3V and CruForge 4.7's are!
Like Justin said Guy just posted a teaser of one sample and we're excited to see it. Between the 4.7, cruforge 4.7, 2.7 and 4.1 there are several models in different steps of production. I'm hoping the main focus is on 4.7's so we start to see more and more sent out in July.

You and me both, Silver. And don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the 4.1, too. I actually pre-ordered that one! But I want my 4.7's. I really think that has the potential to be my most carried size.

You and me both, Silver. And don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the 4.1, too. I actually pre-ordered that one! But I want my 4.7's. I really think that has the potential to be my most carried size.

There is A LOT I'm looking forward to :D

The old spec 4.1 seems to be one of the most reviewed and sought after GSO's. Looking forward to it!

I know exactly what you mean about the 4.7. For what I look for in a knife it seems to have G. R. A. I. L. written all over it.

Gotcha. I was surprised NOT to see a snazzy new symbol on that latest 4.1.

It was just a slip up on the sample knife. Guy gets pretty excited when blades arrive and the delta logo got overlooked. When he gets back we will try to get an updated photo for everyone.

I came late to the game for the pre order on this, definitely will be hunting for a factory second.

It is a tough call now that Guy is the hold up. We have all of the materials for the GSO-4.7 and GSO-2.7 preorders and most of the GSO-4.1 materials. Pretty soon we will also have the GSO-7/7 materials. So the GSO-4.7 went through the heavy production first, but the last of those orders were placed well after the first of the GSO-2.7 and GSO-4.1 orders. Right now we also have GSO-4.7 presale orders to consider, which have been delayed way too long.

Our plan of action right now is to focus mainly on the existing GSO-4.7 orders, with an occasional stack of GSO-2.7 and GSO-4.1s thrown in. After the GSO-4.7 presale orders have gone out, we MAY start working on orders more in the order they were placed (depending on what materials we have). That is Guy arena though, if it is more productive for him work on one model at a time, then that is what he will do. Our goal, as always, is to try and be as efficient as possible, without cutting corners.

Thanks Ellie.
I think at this point, it doesn't much matter what he's working on, it is something I have ordered. Up until/unless he starts working 8's, 10's, and 12's. Don't have any of those ordered.

But I am most looking forward to the 4.7's I have ordered, I think.

Latest update !!!

GSO-4.1: Finishing up at heat treat with materials in the final stages of production
sQF7OtS.png

Blade Material:
CPM-3V or CPM-20CV
Blade Length:
4.43" (tip to front of handle)
Blade Height:
1.25"
Blade Thickness:
.160"
Overall Length:
Weight:
8.2 oz (knife only)

Getting close will be the first GSO with the 3v Delta heat treat !!!
I really want the new 4.1 after letting my old spec 4.1 go .

I will definitely be trying to poach one. Man I had my mind made up for 20CV for this one, but I'm not sure now since it'll have the d3v.

I know was I set on 20cv also , but the delta heat treat is supposed to make the 3v "semi stainless "as quoted from CPK
"A side effect of this heat treat is a higher percentage of free chromium, so although it is not stainless, it is nearly so."

Hopefully I get a chance to really use the 2.7 and get a feel for the 20CV before then. The folder my buddy's got in M390 sure seems to hold an edge.

I am with you Hard knocks. I had decided on 20cv for a 4.1 as soon as i could get a hold of one. However with the new D3V i think the advantages of 3V now far outweigh the 20cv even in smaller knives.

I could be wrong but i feel as though 20cv would not show enough corrosion resistance improvements over/compared with the 3DV for it to be worth giving up toughness. Maybe before, but not now that the 3V is semi-stainless. 3V already had pretty great corrosion resistance, if it is now improved + with the new peened finish that adds to CR, 3V just might outshine any & every choice of any steel available from any company.

I think 20cv would only be my first choice if the knife was designated as a primary and constant use dive knife.

All of this is a huge assumption but thats what i have gathered from reading around & how i currently percieve things

Last edited:
The carbide content of 20CV remains higher than that of 3V, so if you value abrasion resistance 20CV is still the way to go.

When the new spec 4.1s get shipped. I'd be interested in trading for an old spec GSO4.1.
My new spec pre-order is in CPM3V with ferro notch, no divot, and Orange G10-handles. Just putting it out there. I already have a WTB/WTT post.

When the new spec 4.1s get shipped. I'd be interested in trading for an old spec GSO4.1.
My new spec pre-order is in CPM3V with ferro notch, no divot, and Orange G10-handles. Just putting it out there. I already have a WTB/WTT post.
What makes you want the old spec more?

I don't do social media and can't get an answer via email. Anyone know how long before I might expect to see my 4.1 I ordered about 9 months ago?

Back