4.7 vs new 4.1

I have neither but I have a F2 4.1 on order. By going off videos/pictures and making a guess, I think the 4.7's handle looks more comfortable. I like the deeper finger guard area, looks like it would absolutely lock a hand into place. I like that in a knife.

If S! fix their output by implementing their efficient plans with the SK series, i will definitely be grabbing a 4.7. If not, i'm betting the 4.1 will be amazing regardless.

OBX or anyone else, can I ask how you have found the peened finish compared with the tumbled/stonewash in terms of corrosion resistance? Has it been affect positively or negatively at all?
Survive say it improves C/R but at the same time the finish seems like it leaves micro-pockets. So interested in everyones experience.
I own 4.1s in old and new spec, one with the stonewashed and one has the peened, also an lucky enough to own a 4.7 in the cru forge and 5.1 new spec, pre delta . As far as aesthetics they both look awesome. As far as corrosion I do think the peened has better C/R. It is also easier to clean which is nice, and I dont know if you know, but the peened finish is also non reflective which is pretty cool.

Thats great to hear! I am expecting my 4.1 hopefully sometime this year and hoping it is everything I am expecting to be. I have been in search for the perfect mid-size knife for a while.
The only brand that has come close are CPK. Between the 4.1, CPK field knife and CPK Dek1, I am hoping to rest somewhere in those 3 choices in my quest for perfection :p

Thats great to hear! I am expecting my 4.1 hopefully sometime this year and hoping it is everything I am expecting to be. I have been in search for the perfect mid-size knife for a while.
The only brand that has come close are CPK. Between the 4.1, CPK field knife and CPK Dek1, I am hoping to rest somewhere in those 3 choices in my quest for perfection :p

I was in the same boat. And once you get your hand on the Survive! You wont look back. I think Guy damn near perfected his blades. They are work horses. Scales are amazing in the hand, with hard use I've yet to get any hot spots. And from the looks of it, he is now sending out 4.1s and 7/7s so I think you will have it shortly.

The only non 3v I have is the 4.7 and that one is awesome. I use it a lot. I haven't had the chance to get my hands on any in 20cv yet, and people tell me I should because of the climate here in MN, but I take really good care of my blades after use, so it doesn't worry me.

I have yet to take any of my new S!K knives into the field but I'll do one better and take one out with me on my boat in brackish water over the next few weekends. However the new finish is supposed to give the D3V more protection from corrosion. I will add that the new finish doesn't drag like most other finished blades.

Back