• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

4 wilderness knives

First three are the straight spined "leuku pattern" bushcrafters. I think we've decided to call them the wilderness model 1 at this point since I make so many of them. Bottom one is the model 2.

#1SOLD is 1/8 inch L6 with a convex grind. My convex grinds have a bit of variation where I make the angle slightly more obtuse as you approach the handle for power cuts. Forge finish. Scales are ipe with blued steel pins and bluing on the exposed parts of the tang. Turns out really pretty that way. Light filework on the spine. This one has a slightly narrower profile than some. Sweet handling blade.
OAL 10 inches, 5.75 inch blade.
Expedition sheath, fully adjustable carry (see the photos for a rear image of one of the sheaths)

#2 ON HOLDis 3/32 15N20, differentially tempered with the same blued tang. Cleaned forge finish. Ironwood scales in a nice satin finish with linseed oil. Brass pins and lanyard tube. full belly on the blade. Any of these will do good service as a skinning knife, but this one is particularly well suited.
OAL 9.5 inches with a 5.25 inch blade. Convex grind.
Expedition sheath.

#3 SOLD , sheath will be lighter brown to work with the flame marked osage orange scales. Handle is a bit longer on this one and has a nice smooth curve to it. Osage "orange camo" with peened and blued brass pins. Bluing on exposed parts of tang, as well. I will file work the spine on this one on request. 1/8 inch L6. Forge finish.
OAL 9.75 with a 4.75 inch blade. Convex grind.

#4 Is the wilderness model 2. This model makes a really excellent camp/kitchen and hunting knife. I've sold these especially to hikers and hunters for camp use and processing larger game. The dropped edge on the blade makes for a nice safe and secure hold when cleaning game. 3/32 15N20 with a convex edge. Peened steel pins blued along with the exposed parts of the tang. Maple scales with a tung oil finish, will hold up fine to working.
OAL 10.5 with a 6 inch blade. slightly rounded clip for zipping.
Simple deep pouch sheath finished with a linseed oil dip soak.

#1 SOLD, #2 $140 (ironwood is expensive), #3 SOLD , #4 $120 - all prices include USPS priority shipping and I'll cover paypal fees.
Paypal or postal money orders preferred.

There's a scandi grind model 1 with tan canvas micarta and forward & rear lanyard sleeves that I'm cleaning up the scandi edge on that I can take inquiries on as well.

4knives4sale-82508-1.jpg

4knives4sale-82508-2.jpg

4knives4sale-82508-3.jpg

Last edited:
wow.. great looking stuff christof...:eek: love that osage handled blade..:thumbup:

Ever since I've seen one of the first leuko's you've made I have been intriqued by your designs. They have a real traditional look to them-a good mountain man style knife to me I think anyway! Good work!

man these are great looking knives
and I love the sheath for #1 and #2

No one will be disappointed buying anything by Christof! I have 2 of his knives and they get used often, hold a terrific edge, and are dang nice to look at. Sheaths are FANTASTIC! Buy with confidence! I will be again soon, as soon as the money comes in...

Man, these are very nice.

I have a question.

Is the sheath for the #3 model going to be your expedition style or the pouch sheath?

Mark T.

Sheath for #3 is going to be the expedition model. Koyote Girl is working on the straps now.

1/8 is 4/32, so it's a touch thicker.

I hate doing it, too. In fact, I have my calculator set to display 64ths and measure everything that way without reducing the fractions in the shop.

Thanks koyote. #2 and #3 are just awesome. I just bought a custom week ago I'm waiting for--I don't think the wife would understand if I bought one right now...maybe real soon though. AHHH the temptation!

I'll take #3 if it's still available.

I fought it long enough and it was a hard decesion between it and your Lacewood Leuku but the Osage Orange won out:D

If you could send your shipping address to empty5853@yahoo.com. I'll have a USPS money order out to you ASAP.

All your knives are super. Since I can't buy all of them, I have to make a choice. The good news is you can't go wrong no matter which one you get.:)

Mark T.

here's pre-pics of the scandi grind one- I do my scandis by hand on the belt grinder, then clean them up on the apex for the finer grits. Usually I shot for about 11-15 degrees, this one came out at 9. It's a razor. If you want a slicer, this is the baby. Handle drop at the forward edge is really good on this one, give a little bit of forward guard feeling. Canvas micarta. Forward and rear lanyard tubing. OAL is 9.9 with a 5.25 blade. .095 15N20.

The pre-pics are when I was at 220-320 on the edge, I'm finishing out to 1200 with a strop after that.

adam-scandi-1.jpg

adam-scandi-2.jpg

adam-scandi-3.jpg

here's pre-pics of the scandi grind one- I do my scandis by hand on the belt grinder, then clean them up on the apex for the finer grits. Usually I shot for about 11-15 degrees, this one came out at 9. It's a razor. If you want a slicer, this is the baby. Handle drop at the forward edge is really good on this one, give a little bit of forward guard feeling. Canvas micarta. Forward and rear lanyard tubing. OAL is 9.9 with a 5.25 blade. .095 15N20.

The pre-pics are when I was at 220-320 on the edge, I'm finishing out to 1200 with a strop after that.

adam-scandi-1.jpg

adam-scandi-2.jpg

adam-scandi-3.jpg

Make one of those with the flamed osage sometime:thumbup:;)

Somebody buy that micarta scandi. I've got two of Koyote's scandi edges and they are amazing cutters that in his 15n20 or L6 have a durable edge. These two are among the best slicers I've tried.

#2 is on hold for someone for a little longer, #4 needs a hunting of hiking friend.... #5 is getting pants. $130 on #5 as well, that's the scandi grind that came in late.

and #5 is gone, looks like the model 2 is all that's left on this batch.

Back