• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

4inch SARs!!!! Four of em!!!!!!ALL SOLD

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Finally finished the knives. The Kydex sheaths will be made this weekend. The 4in SARs are made from 3/16 thick 5160 with flat bevels and a satin finish. This design originated with some of my friends on the Search and Rescue teams. A tough blade, a tough handle, and a shape that is both comfortable and secure in the hand. The hook on the end of the handle helps keep the knife secure in your hand, especially when wearing gloves. Also the butt can be used for impromptu hammering such as knocking ice off your snowshoes or smashing into walnuts :) I have 4 flavors available: 1 orange G10SOLD, 1 black G10, 1 OD green G10, and 1 green canvas Micarta. Price for each one with a Kydex sheath is $275 shipped in the US. I can accept Paypal or USPS MO.

Orange G10 is SOLD
Black G10 is SOLD
OD Green is SOLD
Green canvas Micarta is SOLD

4inSARs.jpg

Last edited:
These are sweet! Bill, are the kydex sheaths set up to teklok for either LH or RH carry?

LOL, within 7 minutes of Bill's post, the first one was gone. Then, within the space of one hour tonight, the rest were gone. Glad I jumped on this fast. I've read every post about Bills' SAR. A knife actually proven in the field by real SAR folks.

EDIT: Sorry, vpsince73, looks like I clicked a little faster. :eek:

Last edited:
Magnaminous_G, you lucky dog! I forgot my password to login. Your going to love Bill's work. I purchased a machete from him. His knives are bomb proof.

Bill, please post more. I need to add to my collection.

Magnaminous_G, you lucky dog! I forgot my password to login. Your going to love Bill's work. I purchased a machete from him. His knives are bomb proof.

Bill, please post more. I need to add to my collection.

You have one of his pieces already? Ok, then I don't feel bad! :) You guys will get lots of pics and a review when I receive it (although the reviews by real SAR folks in real SAR operations should suffice: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/636837-Siegle-SAR-4/page3)

Back