• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

52100 Hunter in Cocobolo!!

Here is one of my hunters in forged 52100 and Cocobolo, decked out with a handsanded and etched finish. this one is a nice companion for your time spent in the hills chasing antelope, deer and elk, and of course will also do fine for the cottontails and grouse for camp dinners.

it features a full guard for added protection from the blade when you are dressing out an elk on a sidehill in a foot of snow and you cant really feel your fingers and are several miles from the truck.

OAL- 8"

blade- 3 3/4" long tip to guard, .130" thick at the spine, .055" measured 1/4" behind the edge, and .015" thick at the shoulder of the edge. 7/8" wide

steel- forged 52100 from a 1" round from McMaster carr, differentially hardened. heat treat includes a triple normalize, triple anneal, triple edge quench and triple temper for a really nice performing blade that takes and holds a great edge and yet is easy to resharpen!

grind- a full Flat grind, sharpened on a DMT 325 diamond hone with micro bevels, to an aggressive razor edge

finish- 600 grit handsanded finish.

handle- Cocobolo with brass guard and pin. handle is finished with 400 grit with the lines running lengthwise with the handle so it looks good yet isn't slick

sheath- 8-9 oz clean, dyed leather, with cam for a snap fit.

weight - 6.55 ounces for the total package of knife and sheath.

$350 plus $15 for shiping/insurance to CONUS. I can accept paypal Joe357m@bresnan.net or money order. This one is also on my website, and can be purchased there also at www.caltoncutlery.com

1st to post "I'll take it" gets it!!!

413993603.jpg

if you would like one similar to this one, or entirely different, feel free to drop me a line!

This reminds me of Ed Fowler's hunters and in 52100. I have one simular to this and is takes a great edge and holds it well! Love how the brass guard takes on a nice patina.

Thanks for the kind words Woodysone!!

that reminds me, I haven't talked to ed in awhile, I better give him a holler tomorrow :}

Back