535-1901 Bugout with 20CV and G10 is here

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by halden.doerge, Nov 12, 2019.

1. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Product announcement just went out. Nice to see the materials upgrade we’ve all been asking for.

But damn those are some fugly hideous scales. Mystifies me. You were so close, guys!

2. boss_crew

boss_crew Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Agree. Nice steel. Scales are a downgrade...

3. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    You can't be serious, those scales are atrocious. Come on Benchmade, you've really been a disappointment lately.

TonySal likes this.
  4. Darkera

Darkera

Oct 22, 2016
    I really don't like that jade color. I thought the bleeding edge effect was cool and the butterfly silhouette novel and sort of cool, although I can't say I've ever wished for larger branding on a knife or anything else for that matter (especially a giant butterfly).

A move in the right direction overall but I'll hold off... I don't like buying variations of the same knife but I would do so for the Bugout, it surprises me how much I like this knife.

Maybe in the future we can see some Flytanium-like scales that don't cost almost as much as the knife itself?

5. jmgruber

jmgruber Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 27, 2018
    :confused:o_O:eek::thumbsdown:

TonySal likes this.
  6. abbazaba

abbazaba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015
    Wow, I read this thread before finding a pic... Didn't that it could be THAT bad, but it is :( At least I won't be tempted to buy it. I'm still hoping for M4 and real DLC. Maybe they'll get the next one right.

[​IMG]

7. Coyja

Coyja

Nov 7, 2009
    This is what RIT was made for.

Therom, Barman1, insta9ves and 2 others like this.
  8. Dogdrawz

Dogdrawz Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 15, 2016
    I've never Rit dyed my scales because I had to. Yucky. :thumbsdown:

9. imjohnsmith

imjohnsmith

May 8, 2016
    Great scales! :)

10. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I like the scales. You guys are weird. Price is still pretty high though.

11. BC42

BC42

Apr 13, 2019
    I have 3 versions of the Bugout (green, blue, bhq black) and 2 940 versions (-2, -1501). I would get this one mainly for the blade steel. The scales look good, IMO.

I have Allen Putman scales ($70) on one Bugout and Rogue BW CF ($90) on another. BHQ listed some Bugout G10 scales for $40 last week.

12. halden.doerge

Aug 17, 2014
    The really really good part is the steel upgrade and the satin hardware. This was made to have Rouge Bladeworks carved titanium scales put on it. I might get just for doing that. That'd be the winning Bugout for sure.

RTedder2, Therom, Cscotttsss and 2 others like this.
  13. halden.doerge

Aug 17, 2014
    And from some comments they made on IG, it sounds like there will be dealer exclusives with different colors of G10, so maybe some other versions that are less...inexcusably terrible will be forthcoming.

gotgoat likes this.
  14. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    I need one, it'll be getting Aramis design blue twill scales.

15. godzilla78

godzilla78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    I like it, I posted on the other thread before I saw this one, i guess beauty in in the eye of the beholder, yep a bit steep, but I think it will look better in hand.

16. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I'm not into jade g10 in general but the butterfly logo is a no go for me as well.

7east likes this.
  17. BC42

BC42

Apr 13, 2019
    The blue Bugout is my main user so I wanted some G10 scales. The Putman scales were the only ones I liked. Most of the CF scales are plain and overpriced (IMO) for what they were. The Rogue BW Carve CF has enough design elements on it to make it almost worth it and since I have no self control, I ordered one.

[​IMG]

Oloung1, abbazaba, Cscotttsss and 2 others like this.
  18. Coyja

Coyja

Nov 7, 2009
    I like where your head is at on this one, though I'm thinking more of carved Micarta...

halden.doerge likes this.
  19. PWatkins

PWatkins

Oct 20, 2017
    This is going to look great with some Ti scales.

20. Halfneck

Halfneck

Jun 30, 2005
    Showed this to a Radiologist I work with (who loves his Bugout) and we both cringed at the scales. G10 & a different steel choice is a step in the right direction at least. Knife-nuts have been asking for G10 scales on the Bugout since it first came - guess we forgot to clarify "Don't make them ugly"

mdrgn79 likes this.