535-1901 Bugout with 20CV and G10 is here

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by halden.doerge, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Agreed, good plan. The only way this variant will look good IMO is with a scale swap.

jmgruber likes this.
  2. Scott321

Scott321

Jul 20, 2016
    Hmmm... I kinda like it. If it were under $150 I'd snatch one up. $195 plus tax puts it way low on my priority list.

3. Elite_KG

Elite_KG Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Good from far.....Far from good.

Bench made really needs to re consider who they have pitching and aolrovong new products. I own/owned a BUNCH of Benchmades. The last few years have been crap. My last two purchases were Bugouts and both received custom scales.
    Finally a steel upgrade only to tank it with those horrible jade/blue butterfly scales.
    I wouldn’t mind having the 20 CV, but I’m not dumping more money to fix a LRI Ken they could have easily dine since they already upgraded to G10.

Who picks this crap?

jeepin likes this.
  4. BC42

BC42

Apr 13, 2019
    I have 3 Bugouts and swapped scales on 2 of them. Not because they needed it but because I was curious to see how much better the aftermarket scales were and the Bugouts have been my EDC knife of choice even though I rotate between a bunch of others. I really had no complaints with the stock scale but with all the whining about the FRN scales, I wanted to see first hand how much better G10 scales would be. The CF scales were more for bling than functionality but they are stiffer and look awesome.

I don't know if the upgraded steel is really warranted in this model as it's really not a hard use knife. I think it's mainly to appease the steel snobs. I'm mixed on the price as I have about that much in the Bugouts I swapped scales on but still have S30V. I probably wouldn't buy this or another Bugout unless I found a smokin' deal.

5. Eljay2

Eljay2

Sep 25, 2018
    Ok, I guess I’m going to be in the smallest minority here. I think that it looks pretty cool. It looks like they milled away the blue under the top layer of G10. A little brand bling. I can see how it’s certainly not for everyone, but I’m going to have to pick one up.

6. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    My wife's threatening to not let me change out the scales because she likes them so much! So there's a few that really like them. It will be our 3rd Bugout.
    20191028_175236-1209x1248.jpg

7. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Agree with a previous poster. It is a $150 knife atop.

8. razorburn

razorburn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2007
    Love the upgrades except for the ugly girly handles.

It's kind of like one of those moments in a Keanu Reeves movies...…... where he's crouched over.... face palming himself.No........No ...….No...…..Benchmade......What were the folks at BM thinking

jeepin and mdrgn79 like this.
  9. cistercian

cistercian Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2015
    I loved the light weight of my 530 but hated the frn scales. I got a REI green g10 531
    with S30V and liked it much more for feel and consistent action...but it was too thick
    behind the edge and chipped like mad. I decided to try a 117 dollar Syderco lil Native
    with the comp lock and I am happy...despite it being heavier. I totally understand
    wanting a flyweight EDC because they carry super light and are handy.
    I hate the FRN scales on the bugout. BM should make a Ti scale version with insane
    back of scale milling in 20CV, M390, etc. That would be worth 195.
    G10 scales and 20CV are not...just no.
    Much better knives cost less.

10. ErocSD

ErocSD Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Ya I saw that one...... hard pass

jeepin likes this.
  11. Cypress

Cypress Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 22, 2009
    A Ti scale 20CV Bugout would be $500 in Benchmade's eyes.

12. TiHawk60

TiHawk60 Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Nah, they'd integrate a cigar cutter into the design and put sapphire thumbstuds on and make it $1500.

7east, jeepin, mdrgn79 and 2 others like this.
  13. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    I kind of like s30v done by BM so the steel improvement is not that much interesting for me
    However the silver hardware looks good.
    But $195+ price for new scales make it a huge PASS for me
    I am fine with my ranger green Bugout

mdrgn79 likes this.
  14. MattWRog

MattWRog Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Hogue is doing this better with the Deka in blue gmascus and 20CV for $140 on BladeHQ. You’re losing grip on reality Benchmade.

15. GrobTheory

GrobTheory Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2016
    This. Just discovered it earlier tonight, and ordered it immediately. Just seems like a winner on all counts.

jeepin, mdrgn79 and godzilla78 like this.
  16. ucfgrad93

ucfgrad93

Dec 13, 2017
    Ugh, those scales are awful.

17. SlashCG

SlashCG

Jun 10, 2017
    Managed to snag one this morning, I was surprised by how quickly these went considering some of the posts here weren't keen on it!

I missed it at DLT, and was in the process of checking out at BladeHQ and it went out of stock before I could complete my order. So I sat at my desk hitting refresh on GPknives until it became available and grabbed one as soon as it became available. Right after I checked out, it was out of stock. I won't underestimate demand again!

18. Mad_Matt

Mad_Matt

Oct 20, 2019
    Hope my local store saved one for me. No phone call yet. :(

19. godzilla78

godzilla78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Ive seen a few pics and videos of the knife on Insta and I have to say it looks way better than the BM catalog image.

20. cbrstar

cbrstar Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Should come with a coupon for a discount for flytanium.