535-2002 BHQ Bugout - Did ya'll even try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

halden.doerge

I'll Sharpen Your Knife
Gold Member
Ok, so I'm a pretty consistent Benchmade fan, definitely a fan of the Bugout. And I regularly have gone to the mat defending Benchmade from the somehow neverending torrents of complainers. But I gotta complain about this one. Sorry.

People have been asking for a Bugout with 20CV and satin hardware since the original Bugout dropped, and this exclusive run for BHQ was clearly supposed to be the one.

And @Benchmade you got all the hard parts right, centering good, action good (well, at least easily able to be adjusted to be made good in this case), lockup perfect, sharpening on point. But did you even look at the pocket clips before you slapped em on this run?

Everything on the knife is satin but for some reason you put the darkest stonewash in the history of humankind on there. Its darker than the one of the 535GRY, for heavens sake. And I know that you make stonewashed ones that match this knife perfectly, on the Saibu, and on ones that have come out of the custom shop.

So I know you have the right clips, did you just decide to use the wrong ones? Or did you just not even check what was being put on this run? This is so confusing as normally special exclusive runs get extra attention, not blatant inattention. What's the deal?

rox13bb.jpg

I agree it would have been nicer with the parts from the Saibu, but You can see from the BHQ pictures the shade of the parts match what they sent you.

It seems like in the QC of the knife you are happy. just not design decisions...

Seems a small flaw to me but you're right that it's kind of an odd one. Wouldn't stop me from buying one of these.

I agree it would have been nicer with the parts from the Saibu, but You can see from the BHQ pictures the shade of the parts match what they sent you.

It seems like in the QC of the knife you are happy. just not design decisions...

Yeah, QC is great on it. I just think they accidentally ran their clips with the wrong finish and then just decided to use them anyway. That's why it's so oddly annoying. It's like the easiest mistake to avoid, and yet...

blade hq would have been the one to pick that combination. for dealer exclusives, benchmade builds the knife to dealer specs. this is what blade hq asked them for

I got one and it was particularly well set up, like yours. I never even thought about the color of the clip until I read your post. As I think about it now, I’m just glad they didn’t make it green.

blade hq would have been the one to pick that combination. for dealer exclusives, benchmade builds the knife to dealer specs. this is what blade hq asked them for

I'm sure they just asked for "stonewashed". Benchmade could have matched the stonewash to the rest of the finish, but didn't for whatever reason. Probably because they just had a bunch of dark stonewashed ones on hand.

I got one and it was particularly well set up, like yours. I never even thought about the color of the clip until I read your post. As I think about it now, I’m just glad they didn’t make it green.

Lol, yes. I coulda done without the green altogether as well. Satin all the way would have made by far the most sense and looked the best. Oh well, can't have everything I guess.

I guess it’s just a matter of taste but I personally love the darker SW clip and the contrast to the hardware and blade. As you mentioned these are great examples and couldn’t be any more impressed with mine.
Thank you @Benchmade and @BladeHQ for this beautiful offering. Mine hasn’t left my pocket since it’s arrival and that says a lot :thumbsup:
CmvMrFD.jpg

FWIW both versions are now $149.99, pretty good deal considering it’s $5 more than the cf elite but you get g10 and 20cv.

FWIW both versions are now $149.99, pretty good deal considering it’s $5 more than the cf elite but you get g10 and 20cv.
That’s a great deal and really love mine especially the feel of the g10. Of course with 20cv it’s win win.
Makes me want to buy another so I can have a user and safe queen.
That’s a steel and great deal BHQ is offering.
I’ve been buying a lot from them as of late offering many more then stellar deals:thumbsup:

Do you guys think the Cerakote coating on the 20cv model is tougher than the Chromium Nitride coating on the s30v model? 70778B32-8187-43F2-B49A-5B7811856425.jpeg

I prefer the darker pocket clip. The contrast is appealing.

I really thought you were going to gripe about something that matters, but you chose to whine about the pocket clip. That knife looks great.

This is not rocket science. To match the clip to the knife.

Trump would fire whoever made this decision.

For what it’s worth I ordered a couple of each deep carry in satin this week. I can see what the OP is mentioning here.

nQ7cr1A.jpg

riq7etV.jpg

I also ordered a custom shop bug out just before the BHQ exclusive, and it came with the same dull “satin” on it. To me not a huge deal, if I want to shine it up I’ll just polish it.

Or you could just get this one.
I think it matches great :p:D
fgNpRZf.jpg

As I mentioned before although really it’s just a matter of taste I do like the contrast on the SW version.
AMaVHQK.jpg

I like a dark deep carry clip when I wear dark pants and a light one when wearing light colored pants. I don’t want my knife to be too obvious, sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back