• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Benchmade 550BK & 555BK w/Custom Orange Scales--SOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChazzyP

Platinum Member
Re-Priced to Move! AND NOW THEY ARE SOLD!

I spent some time, effort, and money 3 years ago putting together this matched pair of 550 and 555 HG Griptilians with black blades and custom made Igorded scales. They're absolutely beautiful and functionally excellent, but they just sit there as drawer queens so I'm putting them up for sale as I'm re-working my collection and moving away from knives I don't carry and use. I also have 5 other Griptilians I carry and use, 4 of them customized, to scratch that itch.

The black-coated, hollow-ground 154CM blades on these two still wear their sharp factory edges. The action on both knives is as free-dropping, smooth, and excellent as any AXIS lock knife should be with no play in any direction. (Full disclosure--the 550 could use a bit more AXIS release break-in.) Centering is dead on for both knives. I commissioned both sets of scales individually from Igorded of Orel, Russia in what he calls his "random" version of an Anso-Like pattern. The knives carry slimmer than their stock incarnations and are very good in hand, featuring a slight contour from center to their beveled edges. The open back construction features blue anodized stand-offs from Igor. I've added black oxidized, split-arrow clips from Benchmade to complete the transformation of the knives. They come with their original boxes, paperwork, and Benchmade bags. Stock Griptilian Noryl scales in sand color are available for both if you want them.

It's been a while since I've done anything but fondle these two. I expect Ive had both in pocket at one time or another and perhaps cut a piece of paper or opened an envelope. The knives show no wear or signs of use that I can see but for one tiny bright spot on the presentation side of the blade of the 555 where the forward edge of the flat meets the grind.

These knives are being offered for sale at $135 for the 550 and $115 for the 555. I'd love to sell them as a pair for $240. If you want to purchase one or both knives, please indicate "I'll take it (or which one)" in the thread followed by a PM (or Profile Message with your email) for my Paypal info. Purchase is to be by Paypal Goods and Services only and knives will be delivered by USPS Priority (included) to the Paypal-listed USA address only. You must be at least 18 years of age and know your local knife laws in order to purchase. Prompt payment is expected to secure any deal and I reserve the right to sell to whom I choose. Sorry, no trades. Thanks for looking!

fVz3KiP.jpg

As you can see the blades are a nice deep black.
a1to4fo.jpg

JtLWLV1.jpg

Below you can see the little bald spot on the spine of the 555.
XV8XZGQ.jpg

MeUdsBw.jpg

Centering is dead nuts on both knives.
TbBhAH7.jpg

The scales are a nice deep, rich orange...
lZlAyZ7.jpg

...and the black oxide scales set off nicely against them.
Qvv4g75.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the boxes and bags with the stock sand colored Noryl handles.

DNbTScr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back