6" Kitchen Utility Vegetable Knife Preorder

:D Yeah I know......Nathan said this was the last of these.
BUT.........hopefully from the 5 knife sale he will see there is unfulfilled demand.

At 3pm on Friday, I was knee deep in a corporate meeting reviewing sales numbers for the week.

I am more than happy to preorder, prepay, wait my turn and receive my knife.

The Field Knife preorder seems to be moving along smoothly and hopefully that model can be expanded for those of us that can't drop everything at 3pm on Fridays. I commend the few that have the ninja skills to thwart the substantial combatants that walk away empty handed. I don't have the skills or the time. I do however have the funds and would appreciate the opportunity to buy through a preorder senario

Nathan and Jo, I hope you'll consider this request.

This would be great, I got a laggy refresh and came in 14th :(. I'm overrun by potatoes with no means of defending myself...

~Chip

I believe that I had read on at least three separate occasions that Nathan was done with this run of his potato knives. How many more final curtain calls can the man make?

How many more final curtain calls can the man make?

Ultimately their decision.

2731943-763274-close-up-of-hands-fanning-out-paper-currency.jpg

I'm overrun by potatoes with no means of defending myself...

You think you got problems, we're in Idaho, man. I'm going to need at least one more to defend my family from the Potato Apocalypse. :eek: I've got kids....Nathan, think of the children..... ;)

#preppingwithpotatoknives

j/k....

WValtakis, that's some funny stuff :D

Nate, you make more I'll try to buy one, but I grind miles of planer steel and I know what it's like to burn out, when you're just gritting your teeth on a project. That's no fun.

The patatoes are overwhelming our defenses! Need more patatoe knives ASAP! :eek:

That's called secondary market. I don't think Nathan is making much on a $150 knife. If your time is too valuable to spend on the sale, wouldn't it stand to reason you can afford to pay a premium?
Why, are you fishing for offers?

I never said my time was too valuable.......I said I had a job......the 9 to 5 type......Friday is a work day.
I am only trying to point out that there is an unsatisfied demand for this model knife. If he chooses to produce ( and I hope he is making a fair margin ), I and others would value an opportunity to preorder as we've done on the Field Knife.

Seems like everyone wants a pre-order list on everything Nathan makes. I would imagine if he decided to use a pre-order system to fulfill even one or two of his models, the potato knife would be the very last one he would even think about relative to pre-orders, given it's pricing (and probable margin).

potatocalypse!

Attack of the killer potatos!

~Chip

Why, are you fishing for offers?

Nah, this one is going into the collection to be marveled at for generations to come. Previous to this last batch, I was able to pick one up lightly used for a little over $200.

I never said my time was too valuable.......I said I had a job......the 9 to 5 type......Friday is a work day.
I am only trying to point out that there is an unsatisfied demand for this model knife. If he chooses to produce ( and I hope he is making a fair margin ), I and others would value an opportunity to preorder as we've done on the Field Knife.

Yes, your job. Can you take a day off? I don't think everyone who attends the Friday sale is unemployed. If you say "I have to work so I can't be at the sale". That is implying your time is too valuable to attend the sale. You have a choice right, attend the sale or attend work. If you attend work, you are showing your preference is for work over the chance winning the post race by attending the a Friday sale.

I find it somewhat disrespectful to Nathan, that implying there is an unfilled demand that he somehow has managed to miss and your preference to not to attend a sale should somehow override his multiple statements that this pattern is retired.

By saying well it's money, you are implying he is somehow unaware that there is a unmet demand for this knife, like somehow he managed to miss that because he is too daft to read the dozens of posts asking for it in the request thread? Or maybe just the fact you want one is more important than the fact that he doesn't want to make one. Maybe the mere mention of money will override his current position, because you think he is motivated by money?

And it has nothing to do with the FK, because that is not a retired pattern.

An appropriate way to try and secure one after the man has said he is done with it is the secondary market.

I'd preorder two, given the chance. I would also pay more than 150 to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa Whoa Whoa Justin:eek:
You are trying to make a controversy out of a simple request to buy a knife because I was unable to participate in a Friday sale.
Yes, I have a job. Sometimes I can slip away at 3pm, but this past Friday.....No way. They pay my salary.....I owe them a fair days work for a fair days salary.
Am I going to take a day off to compete in an internet ninja free for all as you suggest?...........You obviously have different priorities. You're either self-employed or very low on the employee of the month list.

As far as your charge of me being disrespectful to Nathan because I have suggested there may be others that respect and desire an opportunity to purchase one of his knives.....I find you may be overstepping your ................ whatever . I simply have put out the desire.......to Nathan and Jo.........If they choose to move on to other things; so be it..........I'm fine with that. I wanted them to know I appreciate their work and I'm here as a supportive customer looking for opportunities to buy CPK Knives.

one thing folks should keep in mind is that machining shit is Nathan's business.
Making knives is a secondary vocation, and making them requires having his machines free from other work- work which likely provides more income.

The potatinator is a huge pain in the ass to build, and even if he decided to sell them for somewhere in the $300 range, (which to my mind is very reasonable compared to other options in the marketplace) it is still a complicated knife to make, meaning it costs more to make.

Food for thought :)

one thing folks should keep in mind is that machining shit is Nathan's business.
Making knives is a secondary vocation, and making them requires having his machines free from other work- work which likely provides more income.

The potatinator is a huge pain in the ass to build, and even if he decided to sell them for somewhere in the $300 range, (which to my mind is very reasonable compared to other options in the marketplace) it is still a complicated knife to make, meaning it costs more to make.

Food for thought :)

Totally understand......and appreciate :thumbup:

I'm at the beach posting from my cell phone. We'll see how this goes... I saw this thread and wanted to add something to it

This year knife making crossed the threshold into being our primary business and the direction that Jo and I have chosen for future growth.

The potato knife costs $150 because that's what I feel it is worth. I won't charge more for it than that.

Knife making is fun and challenging but time-consuming. So I have to decide how to spend the time. I have made a lot of potato knives, and I'm ready to make different stuff now.

Thank you Nathan for your response and I appreciate your consideration and decision to move on to other projects.

I stand corrected! Never happier to be wrong :)

Back