• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

6" Utility Fighter, 3V, G10, micarta

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This is a high quality 6" combat knife designed as a stabbing weapon and cutting tool. It's made of CPM 3V with a very high quality heat treat and despite being light (8 oz) and ground relatively thin (.020") it will tolerate rough use in demanding environments. It's very well balanced and quite sharp.

THESE ARE SOLD, THANK YOU

These are sharpened 18 DPS for cutting performance and they do cut very well.

The handle is ergonomically designed for a standard forward, reverse, saber and pinch grips for an average to relatively large hand. The tang is internally skeletonized. The scales are 3D sculpted CNC machined.

Despite being reasonably thin and a good cutter, it is very tough and durable and will tolerate prying, punching holes in sheetmetal, cutting iron wire and even chopping through cinderblock. See demonstration video below.

3V is not stainless, but the heat treat has been modified for cutlery applications and a side effect of that tweak is a larger percentage of free chromium that makes these 3V blades nearly stainless.

Specs:
CPM 3V, tested 60 HRC, .165” at ricasso
Total length 10.8”
Blade length 6.0"
Edge length 5.6”
Weight 8.0 oz
Extra grippy 3D machined scales
Black oxide treated 18-8 stainless steel fasteners

SpecOps Combat Master Sheaths in their standard colors. They are M.O.L.L.E. compatible and jump certified.

There are three knives in this sale

1.jpg~original

2.jpg~original

3.jpg~original

4.jpg~original

5.jpg~original

6.jpg~original

7.jpg~original

8.jpg~original

Rather than just take my word for it I made a video to illustrate the excellent durability of this knife in CPM 3V:

[video=youtube_share;IcovoTyGiRg]http://youtu.be/IcovoTyGiRg[/video]

#1 is a 6" utility fighter with a medium grit grind in black Micarta machined in a scalloped pattern $275 SOLD

#2 is a 6" utility fighter with a medium grit grind in black Micarta machined in a diamond quilt pattern $275 SOLD

#3 is a 6" utility fighter with a medium grit grind in black G10 machined in a diamond quilt pattern $290 SOLD

USPS Priority mail shipping in the USA is $5.

If you want a different sheath I have David Brown Kydex sheaths that are custom made for these knives and are well designed and well made.

These knives are unusual because they are machined. I do this in my shop on industrial CNC machine tools. A WIP thread documenting their construction can be found here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1153472

I take paypal, cash, check or MO.

There will be a batch of the new Field Knife pattern available next week. They are 3V at HRC 62 and ground thin and sharpened very acute. Please drop by and take a look.

Thanks for looking,
Nathan

Last edited:
I think I'd rather have one of the field knives, now that I looked at your earlier post, so I'd like to back out of taking number 2. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
These knives are really great guys , I have 2 , the cutting ability is second to none , seriously the geometry of these blades is heaven

Congrats.. cant wait for new design in the future.. as long as your prices stay the same...

Im loving my G10 8" Shiv..

Since I can't actually afford one of these knives at the moment, it is probably a good thig that I never see them until they are already sold ;)

They are great looking knives.

Back