• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

7" Gyuto with attitude SOLD

Hello everybody!

I've got another knife for sale.

Don't be fooled by my whacky designs, I make my knives to perform!!

This one I forged extra thin for added ease of cutting. It has a ever so slight convex grind to zero before final sharpening. Nice and thin behind the edge.

Steel: 22-layer 'Suminigashi' cladding with a core of white #2 (not stainless)
RHC: 62-63

OAL: 325mm
edge length: just over 7" (190mm)
Blade height: 49mm
spine thickness: I have no calipers but it looks to me about 1.8mm

Handle is Olive & Blackwood

Price: 220 USD shipped SOLD
PayPal only please to: hazenbergknives@gmail.com

Questions & comments are welcome!!

Thanks for looking!

Jelle

DSC_3715_zpsh2bkglqs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_3719_zpsiru86gto.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_3735_zpssbh6y4zi.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Jelle, another nice one! It looks like your hand would just melt into the handle. Wish I could send you a check, Best Martin

I take orders as well. Send me a PM or an email if you're interested in having something made. Thanks! Jelle

Jelle It arrived today, less then a week out from Ireland, in a bullet proof shipping box, wrapped in a bunch of electric tape. This blade is awesome, can't wait to put it to work! It has a spot in my cutting block on the counter. Thanks so much, Best Martin

Woody, how does that one feel in your hand? How large are your hands? I'm possibly ordering much the same knife.

Thank you.

Jelle It arrived today, less then a week out from Ireland, in a bullet proof shipping box, wrapped in a bunch of electric tape. This blade is awesome, can't wait to put it to work! It has a spot in my cutting block on the counter. Thanks so much, Best Martin

My knife also arrived from Jelle, packaged to go to Jupiter and back. Took me longer to open the package than it did to order and receive the package. LOL It's now the first knife I reach for at the cutting board.
http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u425/JelleHazenberg/DSC_3452_zpsfyjhd3h2.jpg

Last edited:
Love it. I might even consider helping the little woman in the kitchen if I had something like that.

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

Woody, how does that one feel in your hand? How large are your hands? I'm possibly ordering much the same knife.

Thank you.
I can't speak for Woody, but the one I purchased from Jelle is an absolute treat. I consider myself lucky to have received it for the price I paid, and am looking forward to both seeing and buying more of his work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Same way I feel Russ, his work is right up there with some of the old timers. His choice of steel is a little usual for a kitchen with a lot of makers going to stainless, but the edge this thing takes and holds is great! One question though, how do you keep the blade from rusting? I know to wipe the blade off after use but there are times that I forget, the salsa from the garden yesterday is one of those times, by the time I got around to cleaning everything up I was starting to get spots.

I've found if you put some lemon juice on the blade and leave it for a few minutes you can scrub it right of.

I'm really happy you guys are pleased with your knives! There will be more coming soon!

Jelle

Back