#78 American Jack

A great user:thumbsup: so:cool:
RjsKgI.jpg

IMG_20180709_134513.jpg
I've had this one in my pocket all summer and put it through its paces daily at work. This is the first ebony handled knife that I actually carried, and I'm amazed at how well its held up to my swamp of a pocket along with my keys and countless drops on the concrete floor. (I'm clumsy).
I love the 78s.

Beautiful knives, Ratbert! Well having been a BIG fan of GEC ever since the early days of Trappers only, in 2006 and 07, I am finally getting my hands on this single blade #78 pattern. This is the Gary Kifer, CutleryClassics SFO from last year. I am amazed at the fit, finish and the feel of the #78. Serious spring action with an impressive, solid 7.5 pull open and close, actually gator closing! The shield is very unique and vintage looking, with that disappearing right into the frame, big single Spear. The Tortoise acrylic has always been one of my favorites, but it looks really good on this example. Mine is number 14. Well done, Gary and GEC!

Beautiful knives, Ratbert! Well having been a BIG fan of GEC ever since the early days of Trappers only, in 2006 and 07, I am finally getting my hands on this single blade #78 pattern. This is the Gary Kifer, CutleryClassics SFO from last year. I am amazed at the fit, finish and the feel of the #78. Serious spring action with an impressive, solid 7.5 pull open and close, actually gator closing! The shield is very unique and vintage looking, with that disappearing right into the frame, big single Spear. The Tortoise acrylic has always been one of my favorites, but it looks really good on this example. Mine is number 14. Well done, Gary and GEC!

Thanks for the kind words! I love GEC’s Tortoise Shell acrylic and your Kifer is beautiful...that particular SFO sort of flew under the radar for some reason.

Here's the seller's pic of the #78 DLT Trading SFO, smooth Appaloosa bone I just bought. If it's anywhere close to the Kifer SFO I just received, I should be pretty well shod!:D Also have a 2 blade #78 in smooth white cow bone coming in today, stay tuned!

Mark, I gotta say you’ve never been righter!! I love this knife! I also have a DLT Trading SFO coming in next week.
View attachment 946057

Awesome knife, Perry! I knew the 78 would be right up your alley! :thumbsup:

Here's the seller's pic of the #78 DLT Trading SFO, smooth Appaloosa bone I just bought. If it's anywhere close to the Kifer SFO I just received, I should be pretty well shod!:D Also have a 2 blade #78 in smooth white cow bone coming in today, stay tuned!
The appaloosa is just beautiful! DLT has had some good sfo's the last year or two.
I personally like the Emperor Oak leaf shield.
I think you will love the white bone it's just an instant classic!

Back