• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

8½" Gyuto - Damasteel 'Thor'

Paul Baleta

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hi Folks
Here is something special that I finished a few months ago. I have been holding onto it... because I don't really want to sell it. But, I have many knives and a knifemaker can't carry on being a knifemaker if he ain't selling what he makes!

This Gyuto's blade is in Damasteel pattern welded/Damascus stainless steel with the 'Thor' pattern. A fine geometry razor sharp.

A traditional octagonal 'Wa' style handle that's lightweight and faceted at the back. This functional kitchen tool has a front bolster in Nickel Silver followed by black Micarta. The spacer is stabilized Mammoth tusk. The main part of the handle is in beautifully figured Karelian Birch. Something ultra luxurious for the kitchen.

From light veggie prep and slicing meat to heavier work like preparing butternut, this all rounder will serve you well and in style. The perfect chef's knife!

SPECIFICATIONS​

Blade: Damasteel Stainless Steel (HRC +/- 61)
Blade thickness (at handle): 2.3mm (0.09")
Blade thickness (at clip/K-tip): 1.1mm (0.04")
Blade length: 217mm (8.5")
Overall length: 350mm (13.7")
Blade height (at heel): 50mm (2")
Weight: 202g (7.1oz)
Balance point: front of handle/choil
Handle material: Stabilized Karelian Birch with stabilized Mammoth tusk spacer, paper Micarta and Nickel Silver bolster.

BALETA Handmade - Gyuto Wa Damasteel 09.jpg

BALETA Handmade - Gyuto Wa Damasteel 01.jpg

BALETA Handmade - Gyuto Wa Damasteel 04.jpg

BALETA Handmade - Gyuto Wa Damasteel 05.jpg

BALETA Handmade - Gyuto Wa Damasteel 06.jpg

BALETA Handmade - Gyuto Wa Damasteel 08.jpg

BALETA Handmade - Gyuto Wa Damasteel 10.jpg

BALETA Handmade - Gyuto Wa Damasteel 11.jpg

BALETA Handmade - Gyuto Wa Damasteel 12.jpg

BALETA Handmade - Gyuto Wa Damasteel 13.jpg

950 Euro

Also in my webshop with a few more pics and a video: 8½" Gyuto - Damasteel 'Thor'

Thanks for looking!
Paul

Wow!! Most excellent. Would be a fantastic piece in the kitchen.

Back